Important date change!!!!

Discussion in 'Racing at Mission' started by Dean, Jun 21, 2012.

1. Dean

Dean Just a beer league racer

We will now be racing on July 1st instead of Monday June 25th.

The WMRC just could not take both dates, as the costs associated with running 2 dates too close together were just too great. We also found too many challenges rounding up enough staff to make two race days a reality.

Thanks to all who voted and weighed in on it. We'll see you all on July 1st!

Our Canada Day race tradition continues....

2. dasein

dasein WMRRA #24

I can't believe we just cancelled a race 3 days out. We were asked to commit to a weekday race schedule, and I am sure I am not the only one who make significant sacrifices to be there on Monday.

Ridiculous.

3. stykman

stykman I can't recall

Ok, copy and paste:

Jay, unfortunately there is a good chance that whether or not we want to race on Monday, the weather may not permit it. With the current river levels and strong run off, along with the rain forecasted for the weekend, there is a distinct possibilty of the track flooding this weekend and being a huge mess on Monday. In a perfect world we would have not had next weekend taken away from us in the first place and it would have remained on the schedule all along. But as you and I both know, things don't always work out perfect. Sorry to hear about your job but I think it is safe to say that the WMRC executive is doing what is quite likely best for the majority of members, but yes, it will still end up not working out for some.
    Jay, we could use someone like you on the executive next year to help in these situations so make sure you don't miss the AGM at the end of the year. :)

4. kingston

kingston New Member

Jay, I too took the monday off work, and would of loved to race , but good on the exec. for making a tough , but i think will turn out to be the right decision. There is still the possibility part of the track could have water on it this weekend and mon.

5. ctardi

ctardi New Member

What happens with those of us who pre-paid for the 25th, but cannot race on the 1st? I don't want to take money away from the club, but could some kind of credit towards a race next year be offered?

Last edited: Jun 21, 2012
  6. Jayson

Jayson Highside Racing

You will receive a credit towards the race date of your choice.

7. dasein

dasein WMRRA #24

Pirelli rains FTW. Did you not see the images from Calgary:)?

8. dasein

dasein WMRRA #24

More copy and paste:

Any person who works near or passes by one of the WMRC posters might wish to grab a piece of tape and write "Moved! Sunday July 1" on it. Stick it over the old round three date on the poster.

Point the sticky part of the tape at the poster as you are doing this. That is how tape works.

I did the one at the Gillnetter, took me three tries.

9. ctardi

ctardi New Member

Just wanted to bump this back up to the top, with race day pending.

10. Dean

Dean Just a beer league racer

well played Cam!

11. ctardi

ctardi New Member

I thought a few people would probably appreciate it.