Holy Bush League Batman!!

Discussion in 'Racing Elsewhere' started by JIMMY, Jan 15, 2010.

1. JIMMY

JIMMY New Member

Last edited: Jan 15, 2010
  2. JAMR

JAMR W M R C 1983, 84, 85

No Yamaha team, no Suzuki team, no Honda team and the guy who won the last 4 SBK and 600SS championships in a row is out of a ride???

So, remind me again, why is it I'm going to lay out $30 a day to go to a Parts Canada race???

3. jcathie

jcathie Member

4. Dean

Dean Just a beer league racer

I'm guessing that our series is going to trump the national one ;)

5. Bernie32

Bernie32 Free Highside Demoes

This is not the whole story guys. There are two sides to every story. I spoke to Szoke and I spoke to Kawi. He was offered his full ride and he threatened to ride for Suzuki on the 600. it's a wierd year all around. OEMs don't have much money to go around and i think they may have felt cornered.
    As for the Parts Canada series i was told tonight that it is 100% a go.....including Calgary. Alex Welsh was signed to Kawasaki in place of Szoke. At the Edmonton show it really shows that there is much confusion as to who is racing what. There are two national race bikes here.........a BMW and Szokes 6 and 10...........szoke is no where to be seen in the Kawi booth. No one is talking racing. When I spoke to Steve Dick he kind of gave me the old "man, i'm glad i'm out of it".

On a positive note, EMRA is looking forward to a great 2010 season. Those boys are pumped.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2010
  6. Mel

Mel Manx Addict

Thanks for posting that info, Bernie. It certainly is a contentious issue with lots of speculation all around. I echo Steve Dick's sentiment... it does make me long for some of the 'golden years.'

7. JIMMY

JIMMY New Member

Ya, I'm sure Szoke not innocent in the final out come of all this but my comment was based on the fact that a "full ride" for Kawi's curent 4 time champ and #1 rider includes "ride for free" and "get your self to the track" - pretty sad.
    It's been a tough year. EVERYBODY has lost money this year including me, but IMO you don't throw your employees under the bus at the first sight of a little red ink.
    I find it incredibly sad that after 15 or so boom years KHI finds it self so fragile that it can"t weather a couple years of bad times with out asking employees to WORK FOR FREE.
    I guess most of all it's frustrating to see our series, which has always offered up some of the best racing of any series going disintigrate like it has.
    Go WCC!!