Hay Bale Party Sat April 21 @ 11:30 am

Discussion in 'Events' started by Ryan Welton, Apr 6, 2012.

1. Ryan Welton

Ryan Welton No..the other Ryan

Hello Racefans!

The 2012 race season is right around the corner and now is the time to get your rides ready for the track.

We will be having our annual HAY BALE PARTY Sat April 21st @ 11:30 am at Mission Raceway. It is your first oportunity to check out the track modifications and rub elbows with your fellow competitors. We will wrap up the bales and get the safety gear ready for the season.

We look forward to seeing you all there.

2. Jerry

Jerry New Member

work party

My regrets, but we'll be in Portland that weekend.

3. Marbod

Marbod Rubbin's racin'

This will be the first time in ten years I'll be missing the haybale party since it's on a Saturday for the first time ever(closing my shop down to sling some haybales is not an option) , instead of a sunday.

4. Ryan Welton

I will eat your donut do not worry :)

5. Mike Thompson

Mike Thompson High Side Racing

Wow!!!

I don't normaly complain but: WOW!! worst hay bale party ever!!! I just wanted to take a minute to thank the 6 people who came out and helped wrap hay bales today. It took us just over 4 hours to wrap all the bales due to the poor turn out and for 2 of us it was a 9 hour day as we went to the farm and picked up the bales as well. I sure hope we get more support through out the year for set up and tear down. Again my hats off to the people who came out today. :bow:

Last edited: Apr 21, 2012
  6. ctardi

ctardi New Member

Well, I was going to post up my apologies for being late to the party, but I think there are bigger problems with the turnout.

I'm disappointed in the lack of novice turnout. Dean did mention it during the WCSS Tradex day...

7. Ryan Welton

Thanks for helping guys! We were slowing down near the end but not one complaint. Great job, next year I will bring gloves and H2O for all. We were working too hard for coffee and donuts!

8. tt600

tt600 New Member

really tried hard to stick handle my schedule....sunday would have worked better for me also.

9. bigga_boy

bigga_boy Livin' The Dream WMRC President

im in the same boat as mspeed. not an option to shut down the shop on a Saturday.
    sorry, but that for all the hard work to those that helped!! thx...much appreciated!

10. gxr jo

gxr jo New Member

sunday would have worked better as well , after finishing some work i was trapped by the parade thru my section of surrey till 4 pm

11. kingston

kingston New Member

I wish i could have been there also, those that were there, i thank you, you guys should take a break fri. night before the first race and let the rest of us do the set up.

12. Reckless

Reckless New Member

Sorry I couldn't make it guys. Like others I had previous commitments to the Saturday that were the priority.

13. jcathie

jcathie Member

You know I would have liked to have been there to witness the annual 'wrapping of Ken' but I already had a garage sale planned with the neighbours and it wouldn't have been fair to back out on them.

Out of all the years we've been doing this, I think this was the worst turnout. We've been fortunate in previous years to get the response we did get. Without slinging mud at anyone, hopefully it won't be repeated.

Hats off to those who did make it. :bow::bow::bow:

14. Lance

Lance WMRC # 39

I was out of town for the weekend so I couldn't make it.

Big thank you to those that went.

15. Andrew Marles

Andrew Marles Moderator

Just for Dean I will come out on Friday, set up my pits, and then sit there drinking beer while watching everyone set up.

16. Dean

Dean Just a beer league racer

save a couple for me! I'll join you this time ;)

17. kingston

kingston New Member

I don't mind watching you guys drinking beers while i do set up, as long as you get Spero and Richard to join ya, i may need some help beating them !

18. ctardi

ctardi New Member

If my flight lands early enough I might have to join you guys...or just half drink beer since I only half did bales?