getting the bike tuned

Discussion in 'General Racing Chat' started by m_raison, Jan 14, 2010.

1. m_raison

m_raison New Member

so i bought my first race bike back in late november, it has been winterized sinse the end of the 2008 season (was never used in 2009). im wanting to use it for this season, just wondering when and where is the best place to get it tuned for my weight and such? do they have that option at the track? i dont want to wait for the first track day as i would like to have it done for the racing schooling that i still need to take...

Also, sinse the bike hasn't been used in a couple years (has been properly stored) what would be important to check before using it? aside from the oil and tire change?

2. Jayson

Jayson Highside Racing

I'm assuming you're asking about having the suspension set-up for your weight and riding style. Rod at RMR Suspensions in Abbotsford is a club vendor and is often found trackside at WCSS and WMRC events. He was also the suspension tuner for the Canadian Buell (Ruthless Racing) team in 2009.

http://www.rmrsuspensions.com

If you are looking for dyno tuning both MAS dyno and Mspeed Peformance and help you out.

3. Simon

Simon New Member

I would change the antifreeze or water if its still full and refill with distilled water and some form of water wetter. Maybe change the plugs if they are not new, get it warm and then change the oil and filter, fresh gas, lube it up and maybe get MAS or Mspeed to dyno it.