Formula Classic rules changes. Offer youre opinions or ideas!

Discussion in 'Rule Book Proposals' started by seandcontracting, Sep 26, 2017.

1. seandcontracting

seandcontracting Smile!

The FC racers are trying to motivate and keep our cool class running next year with more available bikes to fit the class. I have some ideas, this is a start of our discussion.

First off, Formula Classic will be sponsored by E&S Heating and Air Conditioning (haha me lol) and I am interested in making it a paid class per race for the top three racers in Heavyweight and Middleweight. There is work required to have a minimum amount of racers, and we are coming up with ideas.

-I'd like to see bikes up to 1993 allowed, up to 750cc liquid cooled. Air cooled motors would be allowed any displacement, above 575cc would be automatically in FC Heavyweight.
    -Pre 1990's bike are all unlimited displacement, allowed in FC HW.
    -Carbureted bikes only.
    -RWU forks only allowed. (no upside down forks)
    -We can run the same classes (middleweight and heavyweight), but was thinking if you run under 1:22 in middleweight you run in heavyweight. Ideas?
    -All 250/350/400/500cc 2-stroke factory racebikes run in FC HW.

-These rules do not apply to factory made racebikes, we are trying to show modifications to street racebikes.

These are all ideas right now, please post your ideas or comments.

Thank you,
    Sean Durrell

2. *Jay*

*Jay* Member WMRC Exec

I think it is just a numbers game, how many of these bikes are out there owned buy guys that would actually race them? Based on the limited number of FC bikes getting on the grid, why not just run it as one class for now? Nevermind the cutoff laptime. I could see us getting to a point where formula classic would be mostly 90's era sport bikes.

3. seandcontracting

seandcontracting Smile!

Jay, if I cannot get enough bikes then we may to go into a single class.

4. andre331

andre331 New Member

Hi Sean.First, thanks for stepping up and sponsoring the class! I don't agree with putting all two strokes in Hw. Or the lap times cut off at 1:22. I think that the class should stay split into HW and MW , we already have a good system where we all race together and get divided when scored.
    It gives more riders the chance to win place or show if it stays as is. If making our class a money class brings out the older bikes that are sitting in the back of somebody's shop we will hopefully get people that are looking to run an extra class for cheap.....