First day of racing

Discussion in 'Racing at Mission' started by Edward, May 16, 2016.

1. Edward

Edward New Member

Thanks to everyone at WMRC for putting in all the work to run these track days and races! I had SOOO much fun on Sunday.

First race was F118, I messed up the launch, did a wheelie and then got left in the dust, but I was able to catch up to #49 Steve McKenna after several laps of chasing him and then on the last lap at turn 9 I catch up. I pinned it and juuust squeezed past him right at the finish line. But I think he let me win :p

Second race LWSS: ABSOLUTE BLAST!!!! I loved battling with the other riders on similar bikes. Made contact with someone for the first time out of turn nine and I'm on the outside: BUMP...BUMP BUMP BUMP (oh crap don't wipe out!)

Third race LW Twins: after the second restart I did a few laps then tried passing #62 Dean Thompson on the outside on turn 2...at the last second I see #862 holed up in the air fence. I was on the drive way on the right and had two options: swerve to the left and possibly take out Dean or hit the brakes. Did the latter and stoppied inches from Jake Thompson and dropped to the pavement. I hope you are feeling better Jake.

6 more sleeps til next race day! I can't wait!!!

2. *Jay*

*Jay* Member WMRC Exec

Sounds like an exciting raceday Edward! Thank you for joining the club and sharing your passion for riding with us. Round 2&3 is just around the corner!!!

3. Edward

Edward New Member

Thanks, Jay! What a weekend! My apologies to all the other racers for crashing and causing red flags. Got a good shot of me sliding out of turn 6 into the air fence with my front gopro.

4. Jake Thompson

Jake Thompson New Member

how are you feeling from your crash in 6 ? do you put your videos on Youtube ? hope you are alright

5. Edward

Edward New Member

A little more tired than usual. Neck has steadily been getting worse since Monday. Can't turn my head much without it hurting. But I can tilt it back and forward with much less discomfort. Two fingers on my right hand are still a little sore when bending.

The ones I do post are unlisted for friends. I'll try to post the crash up tonight.

https://youtu.be/auohWOITs6o

Edit: feeling better this morning. i can turn my head more with no pain, but it's still a bit sore. must be a case of 'getting worse before it gets better'

Last edited: May 27, 2016