February Meeting Agenda

Discussion in 'Events' started by ducatigirl, Feb 5, 2015.

1. ducatigirl

ducatigirl Moderator WMRC Exec

Hi Everyone,

The executive met this week and has these following items on the agenda for Monday's General Meeting at Ricky's in Walnut Grove:

-Financial info – that we can apply for a free copy of Quicken being that we are a Not For Profit organization; Bike Show costs; Bike show income from schools, licenses etc.

-The addition of Paypall and an online form for those registering for Race Schools and/or Track days.

-We are hoping to have a report from the Rules Book Committee.

-We are on target and forging ahead with Race School details.

-Reminders to purchase race licenses.

Hope to see you all there!

Pam.

2. *Jay*

*Jay* Member WMRC Exec

I will be out of town with family for the long weekend and won't be able to make the meeting. I was hoping to bring up a topic for discussion, and in my absence maybe someone can bring it up for me. As a non-profit group, has WMRC ever run a fund raiser? Can we hold a pub night, 50/50 etc?

3. Dean Thompson

Dean Thompson New Member

Also, has anyone approached the Mission District about Provincial Government grants? My local MX club receives grants from the city every year. Might be worth looking into.

4. ducatigirl

ducatigirl Moderator WMRC Exec

Hi Jay,

We have discussed the possibility of a fund raiser/pub night and can see it definitely happening at some time this year. We have just been focused on the development of the race school as a priority right now, and have been throwing our collective planning resources at that.
    If you have any suggestions about a fund raiser, please let us know!

5. HWY99

HWY99 Team Green

Minor hockey required a gaming licence for 50/50's so assume we would too.

6. Dean

Dean Just a beer league racer

We've held lots of fundraisers in the past. They used to be at Roos Pub in Coquitlam when Ryan Welton was running the place. Jayson Lynch used to organize them each year. That's what helped to pay for quite a few pieces of airfence. We did always get a gaming license to have 50/50 draws. I used to apply for them for each race as well, when I was doing promotions.

Since the meeting is on a holiday, I will not be attending but I do have a few questions based on the above agenda.

Why are you not using the main system for license applications? It was designed to do that.
    Why are you not using the main system for financial information? It was also designed to do that. It provides full financial reporting.
    Why use PayPal when you have a main system that allows purchases and it goes through our credit card provider which has a lower rate for us?