February 2015 WMRC General Meeting

Discussion in 'WMRC Meeting Minutes' started by Jaybo, Feb 11, 2015.

1. seandcontracting

seandcontracting Smile!

So I'm definitely in Open Novice (CBR600 Hurricane 1987) instead of Formula Classic then? Personally, I'd prefer FC. I look at a Ducati 748 vs Hurricane battle and I don't see it being very competitive....for me lol!

2. *Jay*

*Jay* Member WMRC Exec

If you don't think that you will be competitive in Novice open keep this in mind, I would have finished top five with my Ninja 250. (I finished fourth in Formula classic races on the 250 as well)

I hope I don't sound like a jerk, but as a novice don't worry about being competitive, just get track time. Choose the option that gives you the most laps, and push to improve your technique and the laptimes will improve. Once you are consistent, you will be competitive. If you aren't consistent you really are just riding around by the seat of your pants. Do you want two Novice races per day (more laps) or only one formula classic race per day (where you feel that you would be "competitive")?

We race to compete, I know that, but as a novice your goal should be to prove that you are consistently fast enough to get bumped out. Then race in multiple classes!

Last edited: Feb 17, 2015
  3. seandcontracting

seandcontracting Smile!

Jay, you certainly don't sound like a jerk lol. You provided a clear and well explained reason for going into novice open. I also didn't pay attention to the fact that there was two novice races per. Thanks for the info. I am also not a new racer, 20yrs in MX and previously raced road (in the eighties as a dumb kid lol). So I get it that one must learn and earn their stripes. Guess I'll have to work hard and run hard at Westwood!

Last edited: Feb 17, 2015
  4. *Jay*

*Jay* Member WMRC Exec

Well in that case you shouldn't be spending much time as novice. Welcome back to road racing!

5. cookie

cookie Two Smokin'

Hi Sean, with your '87 Hurricane you'll run in Formula Classic as your primary class with middleweight superbike as your bump class. Look forward to seeing you out there!