EMRA Intermediates, race classes for WCC, rider numbers

Discussion in 'Ask the Exec!' started by Sand.Man, Apr 1, 2013.

1. Sand.Man

Sand.Man Republic Racing

Hello WMRC execs, a lot of our EMRA guys are a little confused by some things so I hope to get a straight forward crystal clear answer to bring back to all of them.

I'm hoping an exec, hopefully one with the authority to make a ruling decision, can clarify these few questions for me:

Race Classes:
    1) Since the WMRC has gone to a Novice/Graduated Novice/Expert system, where will EMRA intermediate riders stand in that progression?
    2) The WCC classes all say "Intermediate and Expert" - however - when looking at the classes in the WMRC rulebook they are all listed as "Expert trophy class". Will EMRA intermediates be classes as experts while competing at the WCC events?
    3) Will intermediates be scored against the experts in the championships?

Rider Numbers:
    1) This question is my own personal question, my bike has no numbers on it right now and I was planning to run temporary numbers on it for the WCC round in Mission. I was wondering if an EMRA Intermediate running black numbers on a white background the same as your WMRC experts would be more or less confusing to the manual scoring staff?

2) Is there a rider directory listing available numbers? I have no way to know if my number is free to use, or if I need to affix an "X" to my numbers, it will be much more convenient to do ahead of time at home than right before trying to go racing. My number is 54.

3) Will this style of number be acceptable if scaled to the appropriate size, and placed over the appropriate color background?
    54xracenumbers.jpg 54racenumbers.jpg

2. jcathie

jcathie Member

Sand Man, I am NOT on the Exec, so my opinion carries virtually NO WEIGHT but I would ask that you very carefully consider the placement of your numbers. Instead of using the tail piece, please, please, please give a serious thought to locating the side numbers on your fairing as opposed to the tail piece. If your transmitter fails and you do have to be scored manually, I will be one of the people trying to read your numbers and my eyesight just ain't what it used to be. With 5" high numbers, I'm not aware of a single current model tail piece that has any part of it that is actually 5" high.

Not to rain on your parade, but the red symbol on the '4' might also cause confusion at a distance and at high speed. They look cool on the stand in the pits but it can be a different story out on the track.:2cents::2cents:

Thanks very much for asking. I hope someone in authority answers all your questions in a timely manner.

3. Ryan Whittle

Ryan Whittle Rider of Orange V-Twins

Hi Ryan,

Further to what John has said, Justin sent me a picture of his numbers on his side fairings that I forwarded to Rick, how gave his blessing. At the end of the day, you want to make the numbers as visible and clear as possible. To echo what Jhn said, there reallistically are very few modern sportbikes that numbers on the tail work very well. Compounding this is that from the announcers booth it's easy to see the numbers on the top of the tail since we are looking down, but harder for John as he looks across the track.

The executive is confirming the procedure, however for WCC, there will be intermediate and expert scoring. I believe the debate/part that needs to be worked out, is who from the WMRC will be our nominated intermediates.

4. ryno11

ryno11 New Member

Ryan M, Justin K from the emra has already posted on the emra forum that emra intermediates will be running red numbers potentially with a x so that should answer that question. Get some red numbers cut easy peasy. You can likely use your 54 just add a x...

@ryan wittle.. what do you mean by nominated intermediates.. will these be exp's that will be bumped down to a int status or novices moved up to int?

5. Ryan Whittle

Ryan Whittle Rider of Orange V-Twins

Nothing written in stone, but the WMRC intermediates for WCC purposes would be the few that would not have been bumped to Expert if we still had intermediate.

6. ryno11

ryno11 New Member

Awesome.. carry on lol

7. ken lalonde

ken lalonde New Member

The WMRC execs have a meeting this Thursday night to discuss these changes with our race referee. We will post after that meeting.

8. ryno11

ryno11 New Member

Any updates?