Dont let it die

Discussion in 'Racing Elsewhere' started by DEFBOY35, Sep 8, 2014.

1. DEFBOY35

DEFBOY35 New Member

was very sad to not see any of our Wmrc friends out for the wcc rounds in Edmonton this past weekend. the new track is so much fun to ride. it has some real fast sections and a couple tight technical sections as well giving a good mix. The racing was very tight and competitive all year. there is still big changes coming for next year by the sounds of it which will further enhance both the safety as well as the enjoyment of the facility.
    I know everyone down there has closer options to the south, but we can not let the wcc die. I hope to see more alberta riders make the trip down to mission next year to enjoy your fun track, and really hope to see many of you make the trek this way as well. lets make these the largest grids of the seasons for both clubs.

I would love to hear any feedback as to what we can do to bring it to life next year!!

2. Dean Thompson

Dean Thompson New Member

I think the class structure might have a bit to do with it. The Thunder class for Edmonton doesn't exist at WMRC, trying to race an SV650 against a bigger, faster Triumph/Aprillia/Ducati isn't much of a battle. I'd personally like to see the 250 Production class added to the WCC.

3. DEFBOY35

DEFBOY35 New Member

is there a heavyweight twins type class down there? I recall a few of the guys running their ducatis etc in the class.
    in regards to the 250 production class, i am pretty sure at the moment here there is not as big a draw, but i wonder if the alberta mini guys run a 250 class? maybe try to entice some of them up to partake in the wcc if it could be added? perhaps add it as another round to the 250 cup series?

4. Dean Thompson

Dean Thompson New Member

There are only 2 or 3 guys running heavyweight twins I believe. Middleweight twins is more popular. If WCC adds a 250 class, it should be 250 Production instead of 250 Cup. As far as I know, the Cup series is limited to only two manufactured bikes at this time (Ninja 250R and CBR250), while 250 Production runs those plus allows the weird bikes like the WR250X, KLX250SF, ZZR250 etc.

5. Dean

Dean Just a beer league racer

I was quite sad that I could not make it down this year for the WCC. A lot of the "regulars" to that series have had challenges this year with bikes, work, etc. I think 2015 will see a re-commitment to the series.

6. DEFBOY35

DEFBOY35 New Member

I hope so, it would be a shame for this to whither away. I do understand though how things do come up, i know i have had enough bad luck with the bike throughout this season!!!