Dirt Bike or Race Bike

Discussion in 'Racing at Mission' started by dasein, May 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dasein

dasein WMRRA #24

So.... I hold a WMRRA membership and live in the lower mainland. If there was a weekend membership, I would come out to Mission this weekend, race 3 classes per day, buy a set of tires, and have some fun with you guys on 600s.

I would be willing to pay for a $30 weekend membership, or whatever other clubs charge for weekends.

Otherwise, I will just go ride my dirtybike.

Since the weekend membership thread got closed without conclusion, I thought I would ask.

2. ken lalonde

ken lalonde New Member

Chapter One in the WMRC rulebook.
    1.2 All B.C. residents who enter in club events must hold a current, valid WMRC racing license. Out of Province entrants who hold a FIM, RACE, CMRA, EMRA, OMRRA or WMRRA Racing License will also be accepted if the entrant purchases a WMRC Associate membership.
    Sorry we can't change the rulebook for you. Have fun in the dirt.:D

3. moeracing

moeracing New Member

Since i just did the wmrra nrs there would have been a second possible for a 1 or 2 day membership, perhaps next year the club will see the benefit and change that rule, time will tell.

4. dasein

dasein WMRRA #24

Why not? You did it for you...

So that is four days race fees... times two rounds maybe... so almost a couple grand in race fees the club does not see.

You guys are doing a great job!! LOL.

5. Dean

Dean Just a beer league racer

Jay, that rule was specifically put in there to protect our club. You've been malcontented with the club for a while, so you've decided to take your ball and go elsewhere to play.

All the rest of us support our local club first, and BC residents will not be an exception. You choose to go elsewhere. If you wish to race with us, purchase a license like the rest of us. I've purchased licenses from: PCMRC, EMRA, WMRC, and OMRRA. Full pop licenses for all of them, because I support them.

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2013
  6. dasein

dasein WMRRA #24

Yeah, the arbitrary race day change last year cost me a couple grand. No joke. But you guys know that. I came out and supported the club through the shittiest season ever. Now it seems like the first order of business for your new exec was making sure superbikes can run in supersport... calling it a safety issue. LOL. Yea, right. Telling me I don't support the club. What I don't support is this executive.

I am going to keep the pressure on. I am sure there are others that could/would come out and spend money at Mspeed, SV, and so on trackside. Also the race fees would go to the club. I intend to post up and remind the club whenever money is being left on the table because of the old boys in the current exec.

Unless you block me from posting, in which case I will take it up on BCSB.

7. ken lalonde

ken lalonde New Member

You know Jay I did not race in any supersport classes last weekend.So the rule you talk about does not apply to formula ultra or SBK.
    So PLEASE get you facts right before you type.

Last edited: May 6, 2013
  8. Ryan Whittle

Ryan Whittle Rider of Orange V-Twins

Jay, if you can commit to running 3 classes on Saturday and Sunday, I will sponsor your license. I don't want you leaving the WMRC with a sour taste in your mouth.

Let me know and I will have it taken care of.

Ryan

9. dasein

dasein WMRRA #24

Maybe I am. What was the point of the link rule then? I was told it was to make the Ducati supersport legal despite what is clearly a superbike rule suspension upgrade. Please advise if I have it wrong.

...Ryan... I am not interested in charity. Super generous offer, especially considering you have a new family. Maybe you are richer than I am.. but you need to spend your cash on Hawaiian vacations till baby is walking. My 0.02.

I can afford the licence. I guess I am a little burnt by last season, and a few other rules, and a few new rules... so I would like to see the club be a bit more responsive and flexible to ALL the riders/potential riders.

But hey, maybe I am the only malcontent.

10. Ryan Whittle

Jay, I don't consider it charity. It's cheaper than me sponsoring a class and if I can show to you that this is a great place to race, than I've done my part. I don't have much in the way of free time so I can't volunteer the way I used to.

I'm just trying to extend an olive branch to a racer that has a bad taste in his mouth about a club that I care a lot about. Even if that is a racer that I don't get along all that great with.

Give it some thought, if you decide you want to ride, just come to registration on Saturday.

11. spero

spero Team Modern Racing

For the record I am totally fine with the aftermarket shock link rule in Supersport.
    My understanding is that on the Ducati the progressive shock link somewhat dangerous. Since these are my friends / competitors that I'm racing against in close proximity I feel better knowing that the linear shock link is there.
    For the record, I've been running a Penske double clicker since '08 and a stock shock link.

I think the Executive both past & present has done & does an amazing job. You guys rock!

12. dasein

dasein WMRRA #24

I am not... if the bike is not suitable for supersport racing... don't race it there.

Dunno what the danger bs is all about. Please correct me if I am wrong, but I understand the bike to have too much torque. So it tends to wheelie. Hence the oversquare Panigale.

All the bikes in supersport have progressive links. I am not buying into the "dangerous" BS.

My kawi has a poor rake angle. It is prone to chatter a bit at the limit. Should I lobby for custom triples? As a safety issue?

13. tt600

tt600 New Member

hell ya i'll take your money ryan....lol.

14. tt600

tt600 New Member

plus jay is to dangerous on the track.;)

15. tt600

tt600 New Member

ryan,would this mean I would have to put a "support ryan whittle decal on my bike"?

16. dasein

dasein WMRRA #24

No, Lu, I think he is talking tattoo...

17. kingston

kingston New Member

Jay, listen to your girl friend and man up and just come out and race with us. You'll forget all about what's bugging you and have a great time dicing with other racers. The executive put on a great race weekend for rounds 1&2, even some of the Edmonton guys commented how well run it was.

And BCSB forum doesn't want to hear that crap. I'll go dirt biking with you, just not during WMRC rounds as i want to support the club.

18. younglion

younglion New Member

How much is a season race license with the WMRC?

19. Ryan Whittle

$200 including gate pass for the year. Otherwise, $150 for just the license and $10 each time through the gate.

Spent a little time looking around, it appears as though WMRRA is the only club that do a per event membership and the cost is $30/day (or $60/weekend).

I'm sure we will see a rulebook proposal for the 2014 race season with per event memberships.

20. jcathie

jcathie Member

I had a look at the WMRRA 2013 license application form. It shows $30 for the weekend.

So hypothetically, for the 7 WMRRA rounds you'd end up paying $210 for weekend licenses instead of $175 for the year. A 20% markup, but not too crazy.

Based on our 4 weekends this year, to end up near the same premium we'd need to be charging in the range of $45 for the weekend license.

But all that still requires a rule book change.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.