December 11, 2017 Meeting Minutes

Discussion in 'WMRC Meeting Minutes' started by ducatigirl, Dec 18, 2017.

  1. ducatigirl

    ducatigirl Moderator WMRC Exec

    Joined:
    Jun 17, 2012
    Messages:
    116
    Likes Received:
    6
    Attending:

    Members: 6
    Non Members:

    In addition to:

    Allan Hay – President
    Jeremy Karlson – Vice President
    Jay Tait – Promotions
    Pam Black – Secretary

    Meeting was called to order at 7:10 by Allan Hay

    Minutes from the November general meeting were read by Pam Black. Motion to accept was made by Jeremy Karlson, seconded by Rob Schoemeyer.

    Treasurer Report:
    In the absence of the treasurer, Pam Black read the Treasurer report as provided by Brett Hanson. Our current bank balance as of December 2nd was $106,272,14. Costs incurred this month included bank fees, food provided at the AGM, BC Society Registration, and a programming cable, with an estimated balance of $106,132.82

    Promotions:
    Thank you to those who have already volunteered to assist with our booth at the 2018 Bike Show, running from January 19-21. We are still in need of a few more volunteers , so if you are interested, please forward your availability to WMRCpromotions@gmail.com

    Jay Tait advised that he has a stack of race numbers, #5, #6, and #7 available to anyone in need of those particular numbers…. Just let him know!

    Jay also advised that we are looking at 2018 awards being given for new lap times set in each class. Details to follow.

    Rob Schoemeyer will be scheduling a performance riding seminar to be held at Holeshot Racing in an effort to encourage some track day “chat”. The intent is to also promote our track days by offering some sort of incentive to purchasers of new bikes, perhaps in the form of a certificate for a one time discount on a track day. The goal is to generate more outside interest, and to work on preselling track days by involving the dealers.

    New Business:
    Your new Rider Reps will be:

    Novice/Graduated Novice – Nick Dudziak
    Expert: Dean Thompson

    Thank you to everyone who contributed to the rule book. Following are amendments and/or additions made to the Rule Book, which will be released in its entirety early in the New Year. Please review these changes as they will affect your ability to race!

    Edit cover page to read “2018 rulebook”

    Chapter 1
    1.8a 1 Fire extinguisher is mandatory per racer in the pits (one per person)
    (we recommend that your race number is put on it for ease of identification)
    1.8 (edited to add) 5lb rated at 3a 40bc is recommended


    Chapter 2
    Edits… 2 rider’s reps (formula classic to be removed)

    Chapter 4
    4.2- Number plate background color must extend minimum 1” past “your number”

    Chapter 5
    5dd- Front brake guards are mandatory and must be install for safety
    (Shark fin guard is highly recommended as well)
    5ee- NO spin-on type K&N oil filter will be allowed (we recommend OEM only) race and trackdays)

    Chapter 6
    UPDATE TO SNELL 2015 or ECE 22.05 (within 5yr on date inside of helmet)
    6.1a MDC or medical data carrier must be affixed to the helmet to pass tech. Placement of the MDC is to be on the left side of the helmet between the left ear and front of the helmet on the left chin bar (see photo)


    Chapter 7
    7.6 (add) “STOCK displacement” up to 636 (kawi 636)
    7.4 (add) Kawasaki 400 with restrictions… NO intake or exhaust modifications allowed, NO fuel controller, intake snorkel MUST be left in place and exhaust restrictor MUST be left in place
    7.5 (add) NO novice riders on a 1995 or newer inline 600cc (must enter novice open)
    7.11 edit…Add the following to the class
    -Bikes up to 1993, all displacements.
    -No upside down forks or fuel injection, unless the bike was originally equipped with those components.
    -Formula Classic Representative removed.
    7.16 (add) allow up to 700cc
    7.17 (add) Endurance Race
    Rules and composition to be added before rule book is published

    Chapter 15
    15.28a- said fast racer will be gridded 3 row middle. If said racer returns for multiple rounds he/she will be gridded as per points standing. The racer retunes the following season he/she will be gridded as per point standing from the previous year.

    To be added to the end of every class (chapter 7) 7.1 to 7.15)
    Minimum of 4 riders/racers must be present in the class for points to be scored

    “basic rules for lock wire”
    Edits to wording and diagrams

    This replaces Lightweight twins.

    7.9 Lightweight Superbike
    • Trophy class.
    • Open to all licensed riders
    • Maximum 60HP and 40ft-lb torque as measured on a DynoJet dynamometer.
    • 500cc 4-stroke twin and single cylinder machines
    • 400cc 4-stroke multi-cylinder machines
    • Up to 250cc single cylinder two stroke motorcycles
    • Superbike rules (see chapter 9)
    • 88db max
    450 Supermotos and any lightweight older bikes like FZR400. Also, if someone brings out a 125 GP or Moriwaki bike they would run in this class.

    EDITS

    7.14 Middleweight Thunder Class
    • Trophy class
    • Open to all licensed riders
    • Maximum 78HP as measured on DynoJet dynamometer.
    • Superbike rules apply to engine modifications, but motor must retain stock bore and stroke.
    • Formula rules apply to chassis, suspension, wheels and brakes
    • Twin cylinder motorcycles up to 700cc (water-cooled 4 valve), and up to 810cc (aircooled
    2 valve)
    • Open Singles
    • Maximum 88db.
    This allows you to modify the SV to improve reliability (1st gen rods and crank mods) but prevents people from building 3mm overbore motors. Overbore motors can run in MWT and MWSBK. FZ07 is also legal.

    2.1 Race Director
    Add…member of the rules committee

    2.8 Riders’ Representatives
    Add…Appointed by the executive

    4.2
    Edit…Novice numbers should be up to 999

    5.6
    Add…helmet mounted cameras must be mounted as flush as possible. Ie, on the chin bar or side. Must not stick out or be mounted on a extension or arm.

    7.2 Formula 1:18…..7.13 Formula 1:15
    Add….Points do not count towards points for #1 plate overall

    At the end of the rule book….edit the positions of members of the exec

    Riders are reminded that their numbers should be displayed at their pits

    In further new business, John Cathie is working to complete the purchase of our new timing decoder and timing components.

    We are in need (always) of old lap tops and monitors that we can use for the Race School and Registration. Please contact a member of the Executive if you have any to donate.

    We will be restructuring the Race School curriculum and are in need of a volunteer to assist on race school days, specifically with go pros and logistics throughout the day. Please contact Andrew Marles or Rob Schoemeyer if you are interesting in helping out!

    We have approached several companies for quotes for updated signage and tshirts etc. The anticipation is to be able to have a few samples of shirts at the bike show available for order.

    The 3 pieces of Airfence will be going out for repair in early December.

    Andrew Marles, head of the Contingency Fund Committee, has been researching the options and requirements for this proposal and reported that there is no provision in the Society Act pertaining to this situation. The addition of this fund would need to be added to our Bylaws and if established, this fund would need to be a separate account, and managed independently, from our general funds. Andrew also advised that the wording for requirements is too broad and the executive should be called upon to provide a wording specific to ways in which the money could, or could not be, invested. The intent would be to limit this investment to a 0% risk to the funds, vs the stock market etc. Other considerations would need to be made to the annual percentage to be set aside. Andrew will continue to work on adapting sample strata wording to our needs and the potential amendment to our bylaws.

    Jay Tait motioned that the meeting be adjourned at 8:05, seconded by Jay Tait


    Minutes submitted by Pam Black.
     
  2. bigga_boy

    bigga_boy Livin' The Dream WMRC President

    Joined:
    Oct 12, 2008
    Messages:
    68
    Likes Received:
    1
    lid picedit.jpg

    here is how your helmet will look this year with the MDC (medical data carrier) and tech decal


     
  3. Ryan Whittle

    Ryan Whittle Rider of Orange V-Twins

    Joined:
    Dec 8, 2005
    Messages:
    538
    Likes Received:
    2
    Where can I get an MDC, or will the club have some available?

    Also, to confirm, no HP changes to any of the other classes, specifically 600SS?
     
  4. bigga_boy

    bigga_boy Livin' The Dream WMRC President

    Joined:
    Oct 12, 2008
    Messages:
    68
    Likes Received:
    1
    MDC will be provided when you fill out your license this year, at the bike show or at the track.
    on that note....if you do not purchase your race license at the bike show this year, they will ONLY be available after that by purchasing it through MSR.
     
  5. bigga_boy

    bigga_boy Livin' The Dream WMRC President

    Joined:
    Oct 12, 2008
    Messages:
    68
    Likes Received:
    1
    No HP changes in 600ss
     
  6. Ryan Whittle

    Ryan Whittle Rider of Orange V-Twins

    Joined:
    Dec 8, 2005
    Messages:
    538
    Likes Received:
    2
    What's MSR?
     
  7. bigga_boy

    bigga_boy Livin' The Dream WMRC President

    Joined:
    Oct 12, 2008
    Messages:
    68
    Likes Received:
    1
    MSR=Motorsports Reg
    how we register for races, there will be a place to purchase your race license there after the bike show
     
  8. Ryan Whittle

    Ryan Whittle Rider of Orange V-Twins

    Joined:
    Dec 8, 2005
    Messages:
    538
    Likes Received:
    2
    OK cool. I've got WAY too many acronyms smashed into my brain.
     
  9. nickridiculous

    nickridiculous New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 5, 2007
    Messages:
    30
    Likes Received:
    0
    So I'm good with my Hi-flo with an integral nut?
     
  10. bigga_boy

    bigga_boy Livin' The Dream WMRC President

    Joined:
    Oct 12, 2008
    Messages:
    68
    Likes Received:
    1
    Hi-flo is acceptable.
     

Share This Page