dBcom problems

Discussion in 'Tech Area' started by jcathie, Aug 23, 2012.

1. jcathie

jcathie Member

Now that the season is over, it's time to relax and maybe just forget about wrenching for a few months.

There is something that's pretty important, though. Over the course of the season there's been some people that consistently have issues with their dBcom transponder. I'm not going to single them out here; you can see who they are in the notes at the bottom of the results page for each race when they have to be scored manually.

Many times it is simply a matter of using a fresh battery (how much money is spent in the course of a season yet there doesn't seem to be enough money to buy a new battery for each weekend?). We frequently see loose battery connectors causing issues. These can be replaced by someone with a soldering pencil and a bit of electronics experience.

Sometimes a transponder has gone along for the ride when a bike takes a tumble. This can lead to issues that can only be fixed by dBcom.

This is a long-winded way to ask everyone that has had issues with their transponder this year to look forward to next year and take the steps necessary to ensure it gets fixed.

There's someone whom I will be speaking with at the next meeting about his dBcom issues because I am almost 100% sure he got robbed of some laps this past weekend due to the fact his transponder wasn't working right and I couldn't read his numbers to score him manually.

If anyone has questions, you are welcome to PM me.

2. Ryan Whittle

Ryan Whittle Rider of Orange V-Twins

Mine is now hard-wired.

3. jcathie

jcathie Member

Did you do the step-down resistor?

I was picking you while you were parked down in T3. :D

4. Reckless

Reckless New Member

Hmm, hard wire it with an interupt every 72 seconds.
    Start the race and pull off at turn 4-5. Sit there with bike running and get timed for 1 minute 12 second laps all race long.

5. jcathie

jcathie Member

Good luck with that. :D