Dazed and confused

Discussion in 'Ask the Exec!' started by bsa_414, Oct 24, 2014.

1. bsa_414

bsa_414 WMRC Formula Classic Rep

I moved this here from two other threads, since I think this deserves it's own 'discussion':

From the minutes of the Oct. meeting

"While operations are currently are up in the air due to the looming AGM election it was mentioned the current executives are working on plans for next year."

WTF?!? Operations are up in the air? Plans? What plans? Or are you going to have to shoot me if you tell me?

From another thread:

"...other than that I'd hold firm until after the AGM in November, everyone will have a better idea of what's going on then."

Double WTF?!? Why would a racer (especially a new one) hold firm until after the AGM?

I came to the Oct meeting especially to hear what the current exec is planning on for next year. I heard nothing, except that 'we're working on it' and it 'will all be revealed at the AGM '.

Geez, are we the F$%&ing CIA or a club?

And what happens if you don't like the outcome of the AGM? Are you going to burn everything, take your ball and go home?

Maybe I'm living in a dream world, but I thought we were all supposed to work together for the greater good of the club, to share and spread our love for motorcycle racing and have a good overall social atmosphere.

cheers
    alex

2. Ryan Whittle

Ryan Whittle Rider of Orange V-Twins

Agreed - not sure why there is any secrecy needed.

3. tt600

tt600 New Member

agreed x2.....why is it that we DON'T have transperancy?

4. ted

ted asshat

Happy Saturday y'all........

secret.png

5. Jaybo

Jaybo if you want blood

Both are my quotes, and there is no conspiracy besides what is being created.
    for the first part I was simply trying to detail that, although they don't know for sure if they will be working for the club next year the current exec are still working on next year. Now, the exec is always working on "things" and making "plans".. I'm sorry, but I didn't realize that all the minute details of everything that has been spoken about and being worked on needed to be transcribed.

As for the context of the quote above, both people I know of who have spoken about running for president have spoken of their grand plans for next year, things may change. I personally, would hate to give out information that may be correct now but incorrect later. That's all I was trying to say.

I'm of the opinion that it would be great if Scott wanted come online and detail his platform, but ultimately the decision to do so is up to him.
    Honestly the feeling here is sort of hostile so I'd understand if he'd rather do it in person.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2014
  6. ducatigirl

ducatigirl Moderator WMRC Exec

Well said Jason.

7. bsa_414

You have the balls to own up to it. That's why I like, respect and consider you a friend. And that's why you'll have my vote for whatever position you decide to run for.

I need to answer to a couple of your points.

Conspiracy? I never used that word. Or implied it. I just stated some facts. I plan on returning to racing next season, and as such I wanted to know what I am returning to. Now, I'm not usually one to name names, but I'm pissed off enough that I'm going to say it. Scott (our current president for those of you that are not up to date) has been saying over and over and over and over for the past two f$@#ing years, that if you want to find out what's going on you gotta come to the monthly meeting at Ricky s. That and you gotta read the minutes. Now, I HATE Ricky's, but I wanted to find out stuff, so I came. And I read the minutes.

A couple of things were mentioned. The club is loosing money. We almost had to cancel the banquet. There were more volunteers that racers at the last double header. There is friction within the club. The club operated with no sponsorship money (?!?!?)

Nothing new here. We all know this stuff. What I WANTED to know is how are you going to fix this. What's your plan? But all I heard was - we're working on it. And Scott has been doing spreadsheets (?!?!?). And I'll reveal it all at the AGM.

Fuck. Now I how to go to Ricky's AGAIN .

How can you call this a conspiracy? Unless you know something I don't. ..

Cheers
    alex

Last edited: Oct 25, 2014
  8. Jaybo

Jaybo if you want blood

You never mentioned a conspiracy but it was in the air and you did mention the CIA so I may have taken liberties in using the word :)
    Ultimately I'm sorry but I guess you came to Ricky's one month early by the October meeting Scott was still crunching numbers on his abacus and making some real pretty spreadsheets complete with graphs I hear

9. Dean Thompson

Dean Thompson New Member

CSIS in Canada, not CIA. Lots of good points though. If people are planning on running for executive positions (especially president), they should post up their goals/vision for the club. It's important that their voice is heard well before the AGM so everyone who's voting knows what their vote could effect in regards to future racing and events with the WMRC.

10. Ryan Whittle

Thanks Jayson. I really appreciate all the work that you and the executive have put in.

11. Dean Thompson

Dean Thompson New Member

In other words, Alex is basically saying: ateamamericafix108y.gif

Last edited: Oct 26, 2014
  12. Jaybo

Jaybo if you want blood

it's scary the things that come up when you enter "balls" into the google search engine.
    untitled.png

13. Ryan Whittle

14. bsa_414

15. bsa_414

So this begs the question. Are things that we discuss on the WMRC official forums even seen by the president of the club?

16. Dean Thompson

Dean Thompson New Member

1283530186379.jpg I said that a year ago!

17. Dean Thompson

Dean Thompson New Member

Every forum needs a troll. I volunteer to be that guy. Can we make it an executive position? ;-)

18. bsa_414

Sorry. must have missed that Dean. That's why it's good that we revisit 'old unsolved issues' and bring them up to the top again. I'm liking the picture attachments. They 'add' to the posts... Hehehehe!

19. bsa_414

Appointed - not elected!

20. bsa_414

Holy crap! Now it's starting to make sense... James (Irish James) asked a question at that meeting that I attended regarding rulebook proposals. Scott replied that he should write it down on a napkin (he actually demonstrated with a $20 bill - which drew some laughs from the small crowd - so that's how you get things done in the WMRC!) and hand it to his rider rep or someone on the committee.

I'm thinking to myself - wait! we have a discussion area on the forum about that, where we encourage people to post their proposed changes and the rational behind it. why is he telling james to write it down? Jayson finally mentioned that there is a thread on the forums for that - which ended that discussion.

Between this and the joking in pics above, the light bulb went ON!!!! Our president had NO idea that there is a dedicated area (and has been since last year) on the forums for rulebook discussions!

I wish I could make this shit up but i was there for it... F&^$ing hell....