crossing the border

Discussion in 'Racing Elsewhere' started by Claus, Feb 7, 2006.

1. Brett

Brett Twin Brothers Racing WMRC Exec

whoa... Sorry Joe, just curious about another method to ease the border crossings. Not interested in getting my POS legal for the street.

2. Simon

Simon New Member

Sorry, still waiting, stupid slow government. :mad: :behead

Just get a bill of sale showing you bought it as salvage with the VIN. I had a friend with a company make me one up, thats all they need. Mines a US bike that I will never put on the street so I am not getting it registered with ICBC. :D

3. Brett

Brett Twin Brothers Racing WMRC Exec

4. Ryan Whittle

Ryan Whittle Rider of Orange V-Twins

Thanks Brett! This will come in handy, I need to make sure my bike can cross safely.

5. Fireman

Fireman New Member

I have a bike I am looking to take nto the states in a month. It has no VIN (replacement frame) I have a bill of sale with n/a in the VIN space.

Has anyone had experience with something like this? BTW I have called the US and Canadian sde to get answers, I am just waiting to see when they will get back to me.

6. Dean

Dean Just a beer league racer

When you cross the Canadian side, take in your bill of sale for the frame, and ask for a green card for the unit. They may put some sort of serial number on it for you. Going down is very a problem. Getting it back in can sometimes be a different story. If you make sure they know about it all before you leave, it makes it really easy for the way back home.

7. jcathie

jcathie Member

Read the posting two entries before yours. It tells you how to get the green card.

Dean is right. Get the green card. It's laughably easy. Stop in at Canada Customs on your way South. Take the receipt in with you. They'll probably put a sticker on the frame with a serial number. If they're feeling lazy they'll give you the sticker to put on the frame. That serial number goes on the green card. You're done.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2009
  8. Fireman

Fireman New Member

Thank you for the posts gentlemen. I have now talked directly to a supervisor on both the US and Canadian side. They both have mirrored what you had said about the greencard. One less thing to worry about now for my winter trip!