Couple of questions

Discussion in 'Racing at Mission' started by seandcontracting, Aug 4, 2015.

1. seandcontracting

seandcontracting Smile!

Hello group, hope everyone had a fantastic time last weekend+! I sure did.

A fellow local small business owner and buddy is giving me and helping support me next year on a 2004 R6.

Super yay to Martin!

If the bike is 'my' racebike and is raced and trackdayed can he run the bike on trackdays? He would like to do trackday time during my race weekends. I'll race my Ol' Hurricane in FC as well.

Other question, as I am a novice, this bike does not fit in any class except Novice Open...which at this time does not currently exist...although if all goes well a few may join up next year to fill the grid! So where oh where could the R6 run! Lol

Also, do I need two transponders even though both bikes carry the same race number.

Thank you!

Last edited: Aug 4, 2015
  2. Andrew Marles

Andrew Marles Moderator

We had 2 open novice riders out on Monday. While this is not enough for us to run the class by itself those riders raced in Sportsman and F115 and by all accounts had a great time and actually had people to race with. So while the class is not currently being run in our schedule, you would definitely have a place to race your R6. Most likely you would be Graduated Novice next year anyhow and could run around 6 races per day between the two bikes if you were so inclined.

Are you talking about sharing your bike between hybrid sessions and races on a race day? Or are you asking about sharing the bike during a trackday in different sessions with you riding in the racer group and Martin riding in the slow street group? Either is probably workable, although you need to be proactive and work with the track staff to make sure everyone is in the loop. Please understand that we have at most 3 people trying to keep track of 90+ riders at a trackday. Making sure that the two of you are visually distinct (leathers, helmet, sports pinny etc) will go a long to ensure that everything runs smoothly. Note that you would have to pay for two riders in either case.

You can move a single transponder between two bikes with no issue.

3. seandcontracting

seandcontracting Smile!

Thanks Andrew for the response. It would be bike sharing on regular track days. Very glad to here there is a solution to the classes I can run, great news!

Sean