Chapter 16- Sharing Transponders

Discussion in 'Rule Book Proposals' started by Georgie G, Jan 18, 2016.

1. Georgie G

Georgie G Animal Viking

I move for a motion that we relax these rules and allow for people to share transponders. I ask for this change in aims to make it easier for new racers to get into racing without the hefty price tag of buying a new transponder right away.

Thanks
    George

16.5 Racers are responsible for obtaining their own transponder compatible with the WMRC timing and scoring system. Transponders may not be shared among racers except under special circumstances and must be approved in advance by scoring. Racers are responsible to ensure that their transponder is equipped with a fresh battery and is operating correctly.

2. HWY99

HWY99 Team Green

I believe shared transponders cause stat issues that aren't easily corrected?

3. Jaybo

Jaybo if you want blood

This causes horrible problems with timing and scoring, and problems not easily rectified the day of the race. you can share you transponder but in the end you may end up forfeiting your results which is what is trying to be avoided.

4. StevieMac

StevieMac New Member

I shared a transponder my first race day and would not recommend it. It was a hassle for everyone involved including race day staff and execs that had to correct all the scoring errors. They can rent a transponder if they don’t want to buy one IMO.

5. ducatigirl

ducatigirl Moderator WMRC Exec

From an operations perspective, the shared transponders caused a lot of trouble, not only to your scoring, but to race control as well, which resulted in gridding errors, and unnecessary radio chatter during races. For both safety, and organizational reasons, I would strongly recommend that we stick with the current transponder requirements.

6. HWY99

HWY99 Team Green

Has anyone checked if rental transponders will be available this season?

7. tt600

tt600 New Member

huh what happened to ones that were purchased from past execs? were they passed onto new execs or available for rent?

8. HWY99

HWY99 Team Green

Dean posted some information on this quite some time ago.

9. HWY99

HWY99 Team Green

10. Brett

Brett Twin Brothers Racing WMRC Exec

I'm all for alleviating the transponder burden, but sharing transponders will certainly cause timing and result issues as the others have already mentioned.