California Superbike School

Discussion in 'New To Racing' started by yamfz7, Jan 11, 2010.

1. yamfz7

yamfz7 New Member

Hi I was just wondering, if I went to CSS and got my race license there would I still be able to race here?

2. jcathie

jcathie Member

I have to ask, why go to all the expense of traveling to CSS when you can do it locally for a lot less money (not to mention time)?

3. brianp

brianp New Member

Just for the experience. Why do trackdays anywhere but locally... Cause it's fun. If I had mad cash to throw away I'd go to CSS. Meet Keith Code rip around laguna. Sounds like a blast.

4. Da Beav

Da Beav New Member

I'd recommend going. After racing for 10 years went last year
    for a few levels at Css and improved so much well worth the money!

5. yamfz7

yamfz7 New Member

Exactly, I was actually recommended to go there. The school runs year round too, and the tracks are probably more fun.

6. Nancy

Nancy Practice Racer

Unless something has changed I don't think Keith offers a race licence. He has Code Race that is well worth going to and all of the levels from one to four are great (I keep failing level four so I have to go back) :) I say go for it but you will still need to get your licence through a school locally.

Welcome to your new addiction.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2010
  7. brianp

brianp New Member

After running CodeRACE your qualify for WERA and other American licenses. CSS by itself does not offer anything of the sort.

I just got back from CSS at Laguna. Our 2nd day got rained out to much mud/dirt washing onto the track that they just couldn't keep clear. They canceled for the first time in 5years =( . So that sucked cause I had to take 5 days off with 4 days of straight driving for just 1 day.

But the 1st day was pretty amazing. Nothing like I expected. Lots of technique specific drills to perform. The corkscrew was WAY steeper then I thought. It really went back to "the basics" which felt slow but I can see how it benefits my overall skill and ability in a long run. Also good techniques that can be taught slow and have speed applied later.

8. Da Beav

Da Beav New Member

did you like the kids on the 125"s. I tuned for peter last year. and joe roberts i helped out as well, it sucked that a day got cancelled but safety first.

the track is awesome