Bike show booth-FAIL!

Discussion in 'Events' started by Simon, Jan 22, 2012.

1. Simon

Simon New Member

Sorry guys, that was a total fail, I went to the show today, talked to a few people and thought it was the WCS booth as there was NO SIGNAGE for the WMRC, except TOR????????? After asking someone where the booth was they told me and I was like WTF? Seriously, that didn't do the club any good, :(

2. Jayson

Jayson Highside Racing

Any time you're free Simon, we can always use more help! :D:D:D:D

3. Simon

Simon New Member

Free time, what's that? :confused: You can work 16 hour days and look after my kids, I'll setup the booth, deal? :devil: :cool:

In seriousness though, it was pretty bad, where was the large WMRC banner from previous years?

4. Jayson

Jayson Highside Racing

I already work 16 hour days, volunteer 20 hours a month with APD, donate time to the WMRC exec and I worked the bike show for 12 hours this weekend. Trust me, I understand the time issue.

It was decided that the banner was not required this year. Also it was a combined effort to promote the West Coast Superbike School and the WMRC. With the ecomony the way it is currently I doubt either organization could survive without the other one... As you may have noticed, several long time racers are no longer with us, if we don't encourage new riders to come out and try track days it will be very difficult to get anyone to jump in and take up racing.

5. ted

ted asshat

I agree with Simone. We should have had the Amsoil girls, the Ducati girls, and the girls from Azzkikr at our booth. Instead we had Dave Collis and Deano.

No wonder we didn't get any new riders signing up....................

6. Simon

Simon New Member

The long hours was a joke but no banner? Sorry man, that's weak, how is anyone supposed to find us with no banner? You can get mad at me all you want but that's like jumping out of an airplane with no parachute. Signage equals recognition and jogs peoples minds, no banner equals people walking by going ho hum. I also know about saving money and going with WCS was probably a good idea but when their signage is visible and ours isn't, makes for a waste of time and trying to attract riders. I want the club to grow and prosper, but that doesn't help, :(

Last edited: Jan 24, 2012
  7. Simon

Simon New Member

Amsoil only had like 2 good lookers, didn't see the Duc girls, :( and one of the Harley girls, varoom, :eek: :bow:

8. ted

ted asshat

Not that there was anything wrong with Dave and Deano, don't want to offend anyone.

:)

9. *Jay*

*Jay* Member WMRC Exec

i am embarrassed to say that I stopped at the booth and chatted with Gio & Lance etc and didn't know it was the wmrc booth. i thought it was the wcss booth

10. ctardi

ctardi New Member

That's kind of funny, as I was greeted first by Dave and thought that it was the WMRC booth and had to ask if WCSS was there too... though I had met Dave at the track before, and knew that WMRC was beside the RCMP.

I agree that the WMRC could have been better represented with signage in the booth, but as a new racer I found "Try riding on the track" much more inviting than "Become a racer and join our club". I signed up to become a racer because I tried a couple of track days, first with Nancy in Pitt Meadows, and then with WCSS at Mission Raceway.

Getting people into the Track Days with WCSS is a great way to start racers, but I did notice that at the track days that I did not get any info or see any advertising to draw me in to becoming a racer. I do not know the business relationship between the WMRC and WCSS, but I do know that a new racer does benefit both, and am curious if more effort to bring people into the club through that channel is underway.

11. *Jay*

*Jay* Member WMRC Exec

Good point