Best seats in the house! (Corners 6 & 3, rounds 5 & 6 - 27th & 27th Sept)

Discussion in 'Racing at Mission' started by khai_, Sep 29, 2014.

1. khai_

khai_ New Member

In retrospect I'm not entirely certain if filming/photography by corner marshals is frowned upon or kosher (Pam, feel free to tell me if I shouldn't be doing this - it struck me as harmless at the time) but please rest assured that I was always safe and focused on the track position & safety of the riders. I also had a 2nd corner marshal with me both days, so even when placing/retrieving the camera in turn 3 there was always another pair of eyes on the lookout.

Anyway, I shot a little footage of the races this weekend with my phone and it turned out pretty well... http://vimeo.com/107433616

2. Jacalyn

Jacalyn Thread killer....

Hope it was okay too, was doing it in turn one yesterday. Always had the yellow flag in my hand ready to go, but somehow it felt wrong to be doing the videos.

3. spero

spero Team Modern Racing

First, THANK YOU TO ALL THE CORNER MARSHALS AND VOLUNTEERS!!:bow:

Second, I don't think there is anything really wrong with taking videos/pictures but it's up to the WMRC to make the call. I saw you filming with your phone in T1 Jacalyn, it didn't bother me...the little caterpillar making it's way across the track at the entry of T3 during the Superbike race on Sunday was more distracting.

4. Jacalyn

Jacalyn Thread killer....

Lol, well glad it wasn't a problem for you! Some epic battles between you and Bez yesterday! Check out the wmrc Facebook page, I posted one of the many videos there.

5. ducatigirl

ducatigirl Moderator WMRC Exec

I have faith that you were both doing the right thing at the right time :) crocheting, filming, flagging..,, it's all good.

6. Dean

Dean Just a beer league racer

Thank you all for all your hard work! Taking photos and videos is just icing on the cake! Great perspective from the different angles!

7. ducatigirl

ducatigirl Moderator WMRC Exec

I loved the turn 3 part!! Very cool!

8. StevieMac

StevieMac New Member

Thank you for volunteering.

9. Jaybo

Jaybo if you want blood

Not a complaint here! we had a great turnout for volunteers and that by itself is amazing. Thank you everyone who came out to help!