Are you in favor of Supersport only rules in Middleweight Twins

Discussion in 'Rule Book Proposals' started by Ryan Whittle, Jan 18, 2016.

?

Are you in favour of supersport only rules in Middleweight Twins

1. Yes - Stock motors and SS suspension

8.3%
  2. No - Keep it as is, most popular class for past 5 years

91.7%
  1. Ryan Whittle

Ryan Whittle Rider of Orange V-Twins

Further to the rulebook proposal put forward, here's a poll so that we can get some actual numbers behind the supporters and dissenters of changing Middleweight Twins from Formula to Supersport rules.

Only people that should vote are those that competed in this class in 2013, 2014 or 2015.

I've made this a public poll.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2016
  2. Georgie G

Georgie G Animal Viking

Hi Ryan, great idea to get a poll going.

I've played around with surveys a bit in some classes I've been in so I've created a survey that is a little more reflective. I made it in order to help the WMRC exec and the rule book committee collect more reflective data on our racers. The survey in anonymous, open to all racers in the MWT class, and all results will be shown to respondents once they have completed the survey. It'll only take 2 min and hopefully we get a good response.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/BCB83MY

3. HWY99

HWY99 Team Green

I thought 5 bikes was the minimum grid size for a class but couldn't find it in the rulebook.

4. seandcontracting

seandcontracting Smile!

Currently rule 7.8 states that mwt are to be run under Formula rules (see chapter 10 of rule book) not super sport OR Superbike. Is there some confusion regarding this?

5. Andrew Marles

Andrew Marles Moderator

It is semantics. I'm pretty sure that Ryan simply meant to keep the rules the same as they are now.

6. Ryan Whittle

That's exactly what I'm saying.

Yes = Supersport
    No = Formula (same as it is now)

7. Dean Thompson

Dean Thompson New Member

The WMRC Facebook page should probably have the same info on it as the forum does, when it's related to issues of racing. Some people only frequent the FB page and not the forum.

8. *Jay*

*Jay* Member WMRC Exec

Mention of this is on the group page

9. Georgie G

Georgie G Animal Viking

Here are the results from the poll. Please note that like all surveys there is always some degree of bias. Here goes.
    SurveyMonkey Analyze - Middle Weight Twins-1.jpg SurveyMonkey Analyze - Middle Weight Twins-2.jpg SurveyMonkey Analyze - Middle Weight Twins-3.jpg SurveyMonkey Analyze - Middle Weight Twins-4.jpg SurveyMonkey Analyze - Middle Weight Twins-5.jpg SurveyMonkey Analyze - Middle Weight Twins-6.jpg SurveyMonkey Analyze - Middle Weight Twins-7.jpg SurveyMonkey Analyze - Middle Weight Twins-8.jpg SurveyMonkey Analyze - Middle Weight Twins-9.jpg SurveyMonkey Analyze - Middle Weight Twins-10.jpg

10. Georgie G

Georgie G Animal Viking

These are the last two questions that couldn't be added to the original post

SurveyMonkey Analyze - Middle Weight Twins-11.jpg SurveyMonkey Analyze - Middle Weight Twins-12.jpg

11. Ryan Whittle

Bump - For those competitors that haven't voted yet.

Something I only just thought of, is changing the ports on a 2T still supersport? Without any valve train to speak of, I assume as long as a 2T is stock bore and stock carb, they would still be considered supersport?