Are the new rule changes/proposals going to be posted somewhere?

Discussion in 'New To Racing' started by Hiener, Nov 15, 2012.

1. Hiener

Hiener New Member

2. Dean

Dean Just a beer league racer

Typically they are announced at meetings. Once published, the rule book is posted on the site. We don't post proposals the way that WMRRA does.

3. tt600

tt600 New Member

have we not posted them up before the meeting? scott did mention he was going to.....seems the exec. isn't being very transperent.

4. Dean

Guys, Scott may do so, but:

A: He's on vacation right now, so no even in the Country to post this stuff up
    B: The rule book is not even done yet. We've had the meetings, and the file is out for editing. The rule book takes a LOT of work.

5. bsa_414

bsa_414 WMRC Formula Classic Rep

And a tweet will follow...:cool:

6. cookie

cookie Two Smokin'

Wouldn't posting them before the meeting speed things up for Monday? it might avoid a long Q&A session.

7. Dean

The rules will not be ready for Monday's meeting. They are still going through the committee. They have to all approve the rulebook as it is written, then submit it to the exec for passing, at which point THEN it will go to the membership. I can't see that happening in 2 days.

8. jcathie

jcathie Member

Hmmmm. I have to ask if there is a particular reasoning behind the decision not to post proposals the way that WMRRA does. Maybe I'm missing something here, but I would think an open dialogue on a matter such as this would be of benefit to inform the membership, encourage discussion, prepare the members for the next meeting and perhaps spur some to submit any ideas of their own.

Am I missing some obvious negative impact here? Would I be in deep doo-doo if I started a thread of rule proposals submitted by members? I have a couple suggestions that I ran by Ken at the last meeting and he thought they were good ones. Maybe he was just being polite and didn't want to hurt my feelings (we all know about my sensitive nature, don't we?:rolleyes:).

9. kingston

kingston New Member

Ken will tell you the truth, he's not afraid to hurt your feeling, he hurt my feelings once:( If the committee hasn't finnished i'm sure they would be open to members idea's. See ya at the meeting.

10. tt600

tt600 New Member

well put john....you certainly captured my thoughts and of many....it seems it was a closed meeting.