April 11 General Meeting Minutes

Discussion in 'WMRC Meeting Minutes' started by ducatigirl, Apr 12, 2016.

1. ducatigirl

ducatigirl Moderator WMRC Exec

Opening:

The regular meeting of the WMRC was called to order at 7:08pm by Jason Hanson
    Present members
    4 members in addition to:
    Jason Hanson-President
    Steve McKenna – Vice President
    Brett Hanson - Treasurer
    Pam Black – Secretary
    Jay Tait – Promotions

Previous Business:
    Previous meeting minutes read by Pam Black. Motion to accept previous meeting minutes made by Jay Tait seconded by Lu Veneziano

Treasurer Report:
    Brett Hanson reported a bank balance of, after expenses for Race School supplies, hay bale plastic, Smithrite, Psigate, and taking into account the outstanding bills for,BDO Taxes, CRA Taxes, Insurance estimate, the balance is $21,017,68

Promotions:
    Jay Tait reported that we attended the Motogp party and handed out WMRC information to every one there with event dates, track day and race school information etc.

Jay also advised that we have been given a complimentary booth at the May 1 Classic Bike Swap Meet in Cloverdale and need some volunteers to man the booth. Please contact us as soon as possible if you are interested in promoting the WMRC at this popular event.

Jay confirmed that Canadian Kawasaki, Rising Sun Motorcycles have agreed to sponsor the WMRC this season, with details to follow.
    Vida Events has agreed to sponsor a class, and to loan us the use of their radar gun for all race rounds.
    The Race of Champions will be going ahead again this year, with the July round being the likely date.

New Business:
    Pam Black reported that Insurance quote has been received for $9,603.80, slightly less than last year due to one less race being run this season.

Jason Hanson informed that on line registration should be open as of April 15th

Jason also expressed a big WMRC Thank You to everyone who made it out for the hay bale party! The sun was shining and 16 people made short work of wrapping the bales!

Inventory of our operations equipment indicated that one of the leaf blowers is no longer working and will be replaced at an estimated cost of $200.

We have confirmed a food vendor for the May 14-15 weekend, however we still need food vendors for the rest of our events.

The decision has been made to not run a hybrid event on May 15th, as there are enough novices to make a full class for the May 15th round and the schedule will not allow enough time for both. We currently have a full race school for May 14th, with several people on a waiting list for possible cancellations.

We will be taking transponder rentals in house for the time being and will have a very limited number of transponders available at each round with a deposit required. If you are going to need a transponder, please note that they will be “first come, first served” and there are no guarantees that there will be enough in the rental pool. Alternately you can contact My Laps to rent one (AMB 260X is required) which would be a cost savings over the course of the year.

Jason has had some contact with a writer from the Vancouver Sun who has requested some information on the “old” Westwood events and people. If you have any old photos, programs, etc we would love to submit them.

We are now being charged a fee to use the Ricky’s meeting room and the need to find a new meeting place is now quite pressing. All suggestions will be considered but we need to find a new location as soon as possible so that we can reserve it for our next meeting.

Adjournment:
    Jay Tait motioned that we adjourn, Rob Schoemeyer seconded. Meeting was adjourned at 8pm.
    Minutes submitted by Pam Black

2. Ryan Whittle

Ryan Whittle Rider of Orange V-Twins

Sorry I wasn't able to make it, out sick.

3. seandcontracting

seandcontracting Smile!

Is Marbod doing transponders as well? Will there be any way possible to reserve one from there or the club? I have not checked with MyLaps for cost, I do not really want to by one as it will make a significant dent in my racing budget for the year. Gotta give my cash to BC Ferries instead lol!

4. ducatigirl

I reported in the minutes that we had a food vendor committed for our first weekend, however, they have just notified me that they will not be attending after all. It benefits us all to have food and beverages available trackside, so if you can think of anyone interested in providing this service, please let me know ASAP.
    Thanks!
    Pam.

5. spero

spero Team Modern Racing

6. ducatigirl

Thanks Spero, I've tried a few but this link is a good resource. I'll see if there are any local ones on this link that I haven't yet spoken to.

7. tt600

tt600 New Member

i sent a mass email out spero...one response that has been passed onto pam...