600 supersport question?

Discussion in 'Tech Area' started by Randogg, Nov 1, 2010.

1. Randogg

Randogg New Member

is there a rule against running a 03-06 636 zx6r in 600 supersport class? the zx6rr models are so hard to find! so im just curious

2. Dean

Dean Just a beer league racer

We haven't stopped one yet. We allow the 675 in it too. This is club racing. You'd have to piss someone off royally for them to protest, and then they have to pay a protest fee as well.

3. Mel

Mel Manx Addict

Good to know. I passed this on to one of my Victoria buddies who currently races a 636 with WMRRA, and it looks like he'll be coming to Mission next season. The more the merrier.:)

4. TommyO

TommyO Daytonut

You don't "allow" the 675, per se, because it's homologated for that class as it's a triple, not an in-line 4 cylinder!.....Twins up to 750 are also homologated at the world level!......A 636 IS an in-line 4 cyl., therefore NOT homologated into the 600 Supersport Division!......He could run it in the OPEN SuperSport Class w/o upsetting the veritable apple cart!.....:rolleyes::p

Last edited: Nov 2, 2010
  5. Dean

Dean Just a beer league racer

In 2003 and 2004, there were a number of 636's running and entered into 600SS, and none of them were protested. There were only 2 6RRs at that time. Ritchie Powell and Oliver Jervis were the riders for those, but the rest were just plain old 6R's and until protested, were racing in that class.

6. TommyO

TommyO Daytonut

If I was racing back then,I would have protested them 636's!......:p:D:rolleyes::devil:

7. jcathie

jcathie Member

Why? You'd probably finish in front of them.

Maybe not so much with Oli or Richie but you get my point (I hope).

:D

Besides, I'd think you actually have to finish a race to protest another finisher.:banghead:

8. TommyO

TommyO Daytonut

Hey John, you can stab me all you want.................but PLEEEEEZE don't twist the knife!........:behead:p