250's at Greg Moore?

Discussion in 'Racing Elsewhere' started by Reckless, Jan 29, 2012.

1. Reckless

Reckless New Member

There was talk last year of seeing if the 250's would be allowed to race at the Greg Moore track.
    With all that is going on with club dates and 2012 race season is there anyone on this forum who knows who the 250 racers could talk to about getting this organized in 2012?

2. bsa_414

bsa_414 WMRC Formula Classic Rep

Bring it up on their facebook page. They are allowing cbr125's this year....

3. Reckless

Reckless New Member

I'm not a Facebook member, do they have a forum I can post on?

4. KBELL408

KBELL408 New Member

Hi Angus,yes the pcmrc is working at getting the CMA to sanction (include) 250 production bikes for the 2012 season at Greg Moore Raceway.At this time your 250 with appropriate sliders would be allowed to practice as a track member or day pass holder.
    Sorry no interactive web site for up to date info.

5. *Jay*

*Jay* Member

I tried it out last year. I can't see how the CMA won't sanction it.The 250 wouldn't lap as fast as the gp bikes do on the same track.

The track has a fairly tight configuration, it would be a lot of work to hustle a 250 around there. So if your tired after a session at mission, Greg Moore will kick your @$$. Not to scare you away, just to give you a heads up.

6. Reckless

Reckless New Member

Thanks for the answers Kelly and Jay.
    Kelly when do practices start at Greg Moore?

7. Da Beav

Da Beav New Member

the new season starts march 1st. normally there is a work party near the begin of the year and after that the track opens for the year.

8. Dean Thompson

Dean Thompson New Member

Just heard the CMA will allow 250's in the Mini Racing! Hopefully GMR will let them run there.

9. Reckless

Reckless New Member

Thats the plan. There should be conformation of all this in a couple of weeks once schedules are finalized but the buzz was a 6-8 round 250 series, some rounds at Mission and some rounds at GMR.
    The 250's won't be part of the full Mini racing series but will only be there for the 250 cup dates.

10. KBELL408

KBELL408 New Member

Angus,who said 250's wouldn't be part of the regular PCMRC race day? Why not? As PCMRC members w/CMA allowing 250's if we show up we should be racing(same old thing of ,if enough bikes show).
    I believe what they are referring to is the fact that only select PCMRC events at Greg Moore Raceway will be part of the Gold-Cup.

11. Reckless

Reckless New Member

I think what I got out of it was if you wanted to run the 250 cup only you didn't need to join PCMRC.
    If you wanted to run all PCMRC races on your 250, (assuming you get enough bikes) then you would need to join PCMRC.

12. Dean

Dean Just a beer league racer

If the CMA is sanctioning the races, then you'd have to be a CMA member, which would also give you your PCMRC race membership for just a few dollars more.

13. Da Beav

Da Beav New Member

Yes GMR allows the production 250's to run. You can even buy a year practise pass. You just have to meet sound and slider tech to be allowed to run.

14. Reckless

Reckless New Member

What is the sound limit at GMR?
    How many sliders do we need?

15. KBELL408

KBELL408 New Member

Stock production mufflers (from whatever bike)as per WMRC rules will allow for an acceptable noise level.
    Sliders .The rule is no metal(steel) should touch the track surface.They have been allowing aluminium foot pegs but no steel pegs or feelers.Run "plastic" bar ends, axle sliders and frame pucks.When in doubt a generous amount of hockey tape works well.
    Mufflers are always the tough part.Steel cans can mark the track and sliders can be awkward to fit.We will be working out muffler sliders for the CBR and Ninja soon.
    Any questions or if you need a hand p.m. me.

16. Ryan Whittle

Ryan Whittle Rider of Orange V-Twins

Kelly, there are commercially available muffler sliders available that are a band that goes around the muffler.

17. Reckless

Reckless New Member

Cool, I was just going to dip the bike in plastic but that sounds better.