250 Production

Discussion in 'General Racing Chat' started by Dean Thompson, Jul 2, 2014.

1. Dean Thompson

Dean Thompson New Member

I searched this subject but nothing came up, even though I'm sure there's been chatter about it. Anyways, starting next season (2015) are 300cc bikes allowed in 250 Production (i.e.. Ninja 300 and the soon to be released CBR300) since 250cc's will not be produced any longer? :devil:

2. bsa_414

bsa_414 WMRC Formula Classic Rep

Dean,

Don't take my word for it (I'm just an ex-racer turned court jester!), but I believe the chatter from the top of Mt. Olympus is that the Honda 300 is eligible to run in 250 production when it becomes available this summer. So if you have one you could race it at the end of September. Just remember to buy the optional 'water wings'...

rational for this is that the 300 is similar in power to a a well tuned, slightly modded (how's that for being polite!) 250. The Kawi makes more HP and will not be allowed ?!?

3. ted

ted asshat

Hehe, Alex you sh%^ disturber.

What happened with the accident at Greg Moore last weekend? I didn't see you before I left...........

4. bsa_414

It's all taken care of through ICBC... The guy eventually came forward.

I ended up leaving early (right after the 21 and over class), 'cause I had a dessert date :cool:. And then I had to prep my dirt and trials bikes for Popkum Motorpark the next day. Speaking of Popkum, I think Randy and Tim Kingston were there with kids/grandkids, having a blast. I say I think, since my 'far' vision is far from perfect, and I don't approach people 'I recognize/know' anymore. I was making wayyyyy too many new friends...

But apparently motocross is what he's doing since he retired from road racing. That damned vision of mine keeps telling me that I saw him featured in the WMRC program along with Kenny. Must remember to get make eye doctor appointment...

It was nice catching up with you at GMR. We'll see you there at the next race?

5. cookie

cookie Two Smokin'

Not sure why you're not getting any informed answers Dean. I have heard that only Honda 300s (no Kawasakis) will be allowed in the gold cup but that needs confirmation. No idea what the club will allow for the production class.

6. Dean

Dean Just a beer league racer

While I cannot answer with any authority, since I'm now just a racer with the club, but I've heard that the 300s will be in the 250 Gold Cup. Note that this series runs with the WMRC, but is governed separately from the WMRC.

The WMRC will take the 300cc bikes into consideration for the 250 production class when the rule book committee is formed for the 2015 season after the AGM this year. That's the way it's always been done.

If you would like the 300s to be considered, I would submit a proposal here: http://www.westwoodracing.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?38-Rule-Book-Proposals, and also to your rider rep.

7. bsa_414

I read through the relevant sections in the rulebook, and according to Sec. 7.3/7.4, both Gold Cup and 250 Supersport are goverened by paragraphs 8.2 and 8.2a which basically state that the Honda 300 is allowed to enter these classes, but it is not eligible for points/scoring.

As Dean stated above, proposals/ideas on how to deal with these new bikes in 2015 should be brought up in the Proposals forum or with your rider rep so they can be considered by the rulebook committe.

8. Dean Thompson

Dean Thompson New Member

I think the 300's should be allowed to race 250 Production beginning 2015. Maybe the existing 250cc horsepower limit (32hp?) should be bumped up to whatever a healthy 300cc bike puts out, this will allow the racers sticking with the 250cc to do mild modifications to stay competitive against the 300cc bikes. And make David Vu run a full tank of fuel and wear a backpack with a few bricks in it. ;-)