250 Class, what's up?

Discussion in 'Ask the Exec!' started by Dean Thompson, May 21, 2012.

1. Dean Thompson

Dean Thompson New Member

So I was checking points on the site and it seems we no longer have 250 Production, only 250 Gold Cup. Meaning because I'm on something other than an '08 or newer Ninja 250 or a new CBR250, I get no points. I thought the Gold Cup was a separate entity run by Borthwick, and that the WMRC had the 250 Production class for any 250 street legal 4 stroke (EX250, ZZR250, new Ninja 250, CBR250, Hyosung 250 and WR250X). What's going on? Did I just waste a weekend racing my 250? Someone please sort this out.

2. KBELL408

KBELL408 New Member

As a member of the rules committee I will say,we created/refined an existing class from 2011 (ninja cup) into 250 production.As a guideline we used WMRRA's ninja cup rules to create a level playing field(disallowing motor mods etc).The purpose of 250 Production was to give all Canadian/US model 4-stroke street bikes a class in which to compete.We specifically referenced any year/model ninja,wr250x's,vtr250,cbr250r and left the definition so as to include any new models introduced into Canada (please suzuki send us a gsxr250r).We made a few changes to ensure more bikes/models would be included.We did not create a class to exclude possible entrants.
    It is 250 production and should be scored as such.Dean put in an amazing ride to finish third.The confusion seems to be the great job Inside Racing has done to promote the Gold cup.If only the SV650 Cup had been promoted as well.Gold cup is a sub class running within 250 production just as the SV650 Cup was run within the BOTT class.
    I am sure this is simply a clerical error.As well maybe we can use this to remind everyone that it is 250 production!So where are all the old ninjas? Someone has to have VTR.How about a KLX250S?Again Dean great riding!

3. Dean

Dean Just a beer league racer

Yup, what Kelly said. You'll be scored for certain.

4. Dean Thompson

Dean Thompson New Member

Kelly and me discussed it at the track so I was kind of in the loop, but when I checked the WMRC Race Results I only see 250 Gold Cup points, there is no tab for 250 Production, hence I am not showing up at all. Will a second 250 tab be added or will the existing one be edited to show the WMRC 250 Production series instead of the 250 Gold Cup?

PS. Thanks Kelly.

5. Dean

Dean Just a beer league racer

Yes, the 250 Cup is 8 rounds, and thus had information in it prior to this weekend.

There will be a new tab for 250 Production.