250 Class Rules and Questions

Discussion in 'New To Racing' started by TheWood, Jan 24, 2012.

1. dr_vu

dr_vu New Member

i've used dunlop for two years and i'll be using them again.

2. *Jay*

*Jay* Member WMRC Exec

3. Hiener

Hiener New Member

Class rules are simply DOT, unless things change. I think they allow non dot in couple of the wera 250 class.

4. *Jay*

*Jay* Member WMRC Exec

That is why I was inquiring if the tire rule could be voted for change.

It just seems silly to mount a 150 on a 3.5" wheel since you don't use all of the tire (CBR250 is 4" so maybe not so bad for them). These bikes make so little power as it is that it seems like wasting any of it on a heavier tire (that cannot be fully utilized) is not a great idea.
    View attachment 4890

Anyways, it appears that this tire discussion is leading nowhere for the moment. I will try this proper sized race tire out in a class that allows it, and report back to you 250 riders with the results.

5. Hiener

Hiener New Member

I ran a 120 Sc1 front as a rear last year, the overall diameter of the tire is alot smaller, lowering the rear of the bike, just dragged more pegs with that tire.

I thought people were running the dunlops because dunlops was paying out $?

The unbeatens are pretty popular in the states as well. I remember someone posting the overall width of the tire isnt' much more than the 140 Bridestones.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2013
  6. Dean

Dean Just a beer league racer

In order to have rule changes considered, you should submit your request, in writing, to your rider rep. Then when the rule book committee meets, usually in November each year, we review the the proposals to change rules and either deny or approve the change. This years vote on the link change was a special resolution vote as the rulebook was already published, and the change was quite controversial.

Otherwise, rule changes should follow the proper channels as outlined above.

7. *Jay*

*Jay* Member WMRC Exec

Thanks Dean! I'll copy this to the thread in the "ask the exec forum". I can't wait to line up in a grid of 12+ 250's!

8. Duncan Fraser

Duncan Fraser New Member

In 2013 tires are DOT for the 250 Gold cup with the exception of Rain tires

9. Dean Thompson

Dean Thompson New Member

Jay is asking in reference to the WMRC 250 Production class, his (and my) ZZR250 aren't eligible for the Gold Cup class so the rules can be different between the two classes..

Last edited: Mar 11, 2013