2016 WMRC rule book is now available

Discussion in 'WMRC News' started by Jaybo, Mar 28, 2016.

1. Jaybo

Jaybo if you want blood WMRC President

2. Ryan Whittle

Ryan Whittle Rider of Orange V-Twins

Thanks all for the hard work.

I have a question with respect to the visual inspection protest. The pre-amble indicates that visual would be without the removal of any bodywork, but major inspection does not indicate fee for bodywork removal.

An example would be as follows:

An SV650 running middleweight thunder. Flatslide carbs are not allowed, however you would need to lift the gas tank (bodywork removal) to confirm visual inspection. Is this a major or a minor protest?

Another example would be that the bellypan is required to be removed for tech inspection, however it is still the removal of bodywork. If a competitor had rerouted the crankcase vent to the exhaust (a dangerous infraction and non-supersport) that would be immediately identifiable on visual inspection, but require removal of bodywork.

The most obvious possible infraction, (and has occurred more than once in AMA AND WMRC) would be to see if someone was running a 750 motor in a 600 chassis/600ss class. Someone may also have run a 636 motor in a ZX6RR chassis (*cough* trevor shires *cough*).

Just wondering aloud.

Also, is there a highlight of changes from 2015?

3. Ryan Whittle

Ryan Whittle Rider of Orange V-Twins

I guess I'll try to get out to the next meeting and ask there.