2016 rule book proposal - rule book committee

Discussion in 'Rule Book Proposals' started by cookie, Jan 12, 2016.

1. cookie

cookie Two Smokin'

I propose that the rule book committee be made up as follows:

-The members shall be the 3 riders reps, the head technical inspector and the referee. Should any of these positions overlap the executive will advertise for volunteers to ensure an odd number of members
    -None of the members will also be members of the club executive
    -The members of the committee will vote for a chairperson
    -The committee chair or his/her nominee will be moderator of the rule book sub-forum for the tem of the committee
    -The committee will be formed when all positions have been filled, no later than the first race day each season. Work will continue until no later than the fifteenth day of the following January when the rule book will be released.
    - Club members are encouraged to provide input and rule book suggestions by posting on the forum or by e-mail to the committee chair

2. Dean Thompson

Dean Thompson New Member

Makes good sense to me. I'll volunteer for a rider rep position.

3. Jaybo

Jaybo if you want blood

You're close to what we've worked out this year.
    The rules committee has been chosen from 5 volunteers, Dean Thompson, Sean Durrell, Rob Schoemeyer, Nikola Racunica, and Alex Dumitru.
    It has no executives, two rider reps, and our head tech. The plan was that they would choose their own chair.
    Am I reading that right tony, are suggesting you want the committee to form at the start of the season and then submit their revisions in January of next year?

Last edited: Jan 13, 2016
  4. cookie

cookie Two Smokin'

Yes close to what you have but I think the committee make-up should be mandated not volunteer. If you take the job as referee you also accept that you're on the rule book committee for example. There would not necessarily be any work for the committee early in the season but this way should issues arise racers will know that their rider rep. the referee and the tech guy are the ones to bring rules concerns to. Then shortly after the end of the season while everything is fresh the committee can start compiling revisions. The new exec is elected in November so releasing the rules in early January allows them to get established and be aware of what's happening while giving racers time to work to the new rules if they are building a new bike etc.

5. Jaybo

Jaybo if you want blood

I like the rule book would be revised earlier in the season.
    I like the defining of the rules committee within the rule book.
    However I do have a (minor?) personal problem with instituting this for 2016. It involves me having to work backward as the rider reps and rules committee have already been created.

6. cookie

cookie Two Smokin'

You can't go back and change it for 2016. Leave this committee in place. As in past years their duties are complete when the rule book is out, Next month - whenever. The new committee is formed afterwards and is responsible for the 2017 book. The rule can't come into effect reasonably until the rule book containing it is published.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2016
  7. Jaybo

Jaybo if you want blood

agreed. thank you

8. cookie

cookie Two Smokin'

Should the committee choose to go forward with this it would require editing 2.4, 2.7 and 2.8 and adding a new section probably 2.12