2013 Rule Book Discussion

Discussion in 'Racing at Mission' started by Dean, Dec 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dean Thompson

Dean Thompson New Member

Read my post again: it starts out with "From my point of view, this is what looks like is happening" and ends with "That’s just my opinion and perspective". How is that speaking for you? And you do have issues with lappers. Everyone at the riders meetings has heard you at some point spouting off about guys being in your way. I offered my opinion to you at one meeting in particular and said in reply to your comment that maybe we should allow mirrors so people can keep looking to make sure they aren't holding you up. I don't think my idea was added to the new rules.

2. Bernie

Bernie Ranter Extrodinaire

Fact
    It is a lot easier to take advice from people who volunteer a lot than those that always have ideas on how you should spend your spare time volunteering for them.
    Opinion
    Sound issue, buying everybody lunch, rain days, economic slowdown, this is what almost bankrupted the club, not paying the 6 or so essential positions gas money plus enough for a cheap meal.
    Fact
    John Cathie is sometimes wrong!! More fact. He'll fight you tooth and nail over what ever it is you were arguing about ;-)
    Opinion
    If there were very few Yanks and Albertans coming when we had pipes, what thought train suggests bringing pipes back will translate into more racers?
    Fact
    The website sucks balls. I wouldn't pay a dollar to put my company on there.
    Opinion
    Justin Bieber is a terrible singer
    No, wait, that's a fact!
    Fact
    Lousy announcing has hampered the club more than anyone knows. Because if you knew, you would have fixed it already. Ryan Whittle and Ted Shannon, back to your perch! If you move off your perch, I'll shoot you. Stay there, I'll shoot you $50! each.
    1 does novice/intermediate, one does pros. Thus they rest, talk to racers, and have something to say when they get up there.
    Thoughts
    Every club needs classes that are cheap.
    1 Pro class that doen't allow front runners might help slow pros stay interested a bit longer. Fats guys have 2 Superbikes and the 600 if they qualify, so leave Open to the kids ;-)
    Thus, leaving a few stragglers out of Superbike (timed laps) is a trade off, and both get 1 race(s) for themselves.
    650 Twins should be unmodified. Modified or bigger go in Open.Cheap for cheapies, run what ya brung for the rest.
    As soon as money can buy a trophy, hasn't that killed every fun/cheap class everywhere? Twins, Formula, etc.

Okay, carry on with the negativity............
    Bernie

Last edited: Dec 12, 2012
  3. Jaybo

Jaybo if you want blood

If it must be done, give those 6-8 guys that can do 1.13's Formula Ultra. The rest of the classes leave alone, dump that black flag rule.

Ugh you had to bring Bieber into this didn't you.. As if this thread wasn't bad enough.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2012
  4. Jacalyn

Jacalyn Thread killer....

Not to mention he's wrong about John Cathie....

5. Jaybo

Jaybo if you want blood

:pYeah, i'm pretty sure John's programming won't allow him to be wrong.

6. Ryan Whittle

Ryan Whittle Rider of Orange V-Twins

OK Folks, given that there is very likely to be some change and definitely some clarification with regards to the current rule book I'm going to lock down this thread until Monday. We seem to be going round and round with the same comments so lets get this figured out then we can reopen the thread on Monday after the meeting.

7. Dean

Dean Just a beer league racer

Based on the Rule Book Committee meeting this afternoon, there is an updated rule book posted. Please review this rule book and if you wish to bring up concerns, the meeting on Monday December 17th will be open for questions.

Ryan Whittle will be posting example scenarios to assist with rule book interpretation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.