2013 Rule Book Discussion

Discussion in 'Racing at Mission' started by Dean, Dec 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaybo

Jaybo if you want blood

Let me try again, the very basic facts:

I don't like the time cut offs
    I don't like the back marker black flag
    I don't like hearing that because I can't make meetings I shouldn't have an opinion.
    I’m fine with being "not competitive" in expert.. aggain I actually wanted to be an expert when it meant something.
    I’m fine with the new three tier system, however I personally don’t see how this will help to bring in or keep new racers.

There’s a whole bunch of other stuff that I don’t like but those items seem more personal and I won’t go over them again.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2012
  2. Ryan Whittle

Ryan Whittle Rider of Orange V-Twins

I've provided my input above.

3. bigga_boy

bigga_boy Livin' The Dream WMRC President

i think there are alot of ppl that don't like the new rules..and maybe they just don't want to say anything that that's their prerogative.

but like i said in my previous post...the rules are set and crammed down our throats...no vote, no meeting to discuss the pros and cons of the changes! correct me if i wrong, but we had a discussion about the elimination of intermediate last year and no one was in favor of it. but yet...its gone.

i would have to say that the rule changes really dont affect me in the long run, but will affect many others. i feel as many on here and as they have stated, we should encourage ridership and want to keep riders...as of right now i will not be racing next year.

if my count is correct that's 3ppl not coming back that have openly stated it. and im sure there are more to come!
    good job execs/rules ppl

4. Ryan Whittle

Thanks for the input Al.

I apologize to any riders/members who may have been offended by the new rules package.

5. Jaybo

Jaybo if you want blood

sorry to hear that Ryan

6. bsa_414

bsa_414 WMRC Formula Classic Rep

Please explain how we have gone to a 2 tier system. See my earlier post...

But I'll reiterate

Novice
    Graduated novice
    Expert

My math says 3. You must be on a different system of counting, so I welcome any insight you can provide...

7. Brett

Brett Twin Brothers Racing WMRC Exec

Have we addressed when one would be determined to be eligible (lap times) to enter a class? Morning practice is now also qualifying?

Novices are now scored and competing in trophy classes? Doesn't appear that the non-Novice open classes are subject to lap-time cutoffs and lapper black flagging, how will safety been controlled in these classes?

I'm not sure how much of an issue this will become, but I ask because I'm more than a little concerned about racing with novices. Thanks.

8. Ryan Whittle

I just had a good conversation with Scott Borthwick. I acted a little bit hotheaded and have decided to retract my resignation.

I made a committment to represent the riders and to help grow the club and I can't do that sitting on the sidelines. It would be hypocritical of me to quit and then complain about the rulebook or the club not representing what I think is important.

To summarize, the things I feel are important are as follows:

1. Provide a safe place for motorcyclists to race
    2. Build a strong club with members that race and participate for many years, not a season or two
    3. Promote an inclusive environment
    4. Grow the sport of motorcycle racing in BC
    5. Provide a controlled environment where motorcyclists can improve their riding and racing skills at a controlled pace

I realize there is a disconnect between the revised rule book and the statements made above. I can commit to trynig to integrate the two to the best of my ability.

Thank you for your patience.

Ryan Whittle

9. gxr jo

gxr jo New Member

why not make the graduated novice the new and improved intermediate , it will reduce the confusion of two similar names

i understand the need for change and will support the club and its membership wholeheartdly in 2013

10. adam0289

adam0289 New Member

Hahaha

seriously... going to quit racing completely over the rule changes.HAHAHA

11. Dean Thompson

Dean Thompson New Member

If you compare how motocross runs racing levels, there's actually 4 levels to progress through: Beginner, Junior, Intermediate and Pro. Allot of riders stay in Junior or Intermediate forever if their skills never develop enough. And interestingly enough, allot of racers quit once they get bumped to Pro level because most of the fun is out of the racing once money is involved and the level of competition is at an elite level. Adam can vouch for this since he was a pro motocross racer before a pro roadracer.

12. bsa_414

bsa_414 WMRC Formula Classic Rep

We should keep this civil.... I will respectfully remind you that you elected to not participate in club events due to rulebook and other disagreements in the past.

Our membership is varied and each individual is entitled to his/her own opinions.

13. Dean

Dean Just a beer league racer

People, please keep this clean. No swearing, no name calling, etc. Let's keep personal attacks out of this. If posts are deemed cruel, vindictive, etc, I *will* remove them. We have to maintain a bit of a professional appearance to our sponsors here. These are public forums.

Now with that said,there has been some healthy discussion here, and we should keep that up. I know that the executive have heard you and are re-evaluating a few of the more unpopular rules. This isn't being crammed down your throats. You can still invoke change in this club.

14. bigga_boy

adam....maybe you should re-read what i have said (and other ppl on here)...here ill put in simple terms for you.

1)the new rules really don't affect me (kinda) but i really don't like all the grey areas, and possible exceptions
    2)all the changes with out the "group, club" etc weighing in on the (possible) changes or having a vote for change, just "her are the rules deal with it, and we will figure it out as we go" not a great vote of confidence in my eyes
    3)ppl in power saying one thing and doin another
    4)"lets be like other clubs" and clearly we are not
    5)too many ppl from one committee in all the others...makes it very one sided
    6)being told i do not have a voice as i do not attend meetings (ryan w addressed that..thx)
    7)excluding and kicking out slower riders for not being fast. that does not promote a "racing for everybody" mentality. it says to me if you are not fast you get kicked out of that race/class and well see ya, thx for your money

i do not feel that i would be competitive in expert and well racing with novices does not appeal to me.

i think i have addressed alot of what has already been beaten to death so far. lol

15. Jacalyn

Jacalyn Thread killer....

Ryan, glad you came to your senses. :clap:

16. bigga_boy

i agree completely.
    forcing someone to go pro before they are "mentally" ready will end in disaster for sure.

17. Dean Thompson

Dean Thompson New Member

Mmmmm...brown bananas = banana bread at my house.

18. Jacalyn

Jacalyn Thread killer....

lol....mmmm, banana bread :D

19. Jaybo

Jaybo if you want blood

at our house it usually means the fruit flies will soon be making an appearance

20. Dean

Dean Just a beer league racer

Fruit flies just add more protein to the bread

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.