2012 schedule

Discussion in 'Racing at Mission' started by Don, Jan 17, 2012.

1. Simon

Simon New Member

If I remember, but you can correct me, WMRC practice is $100, WCS is $175?

As for losing money, I know, but in the big scheme of things, having the club lose money for one day over racers getting put in the hospital seems quite trivial, wouldn't you agree?

2. Jayson

Jayson Highside Racing

I don't know about you Simon, but track time is track time, I don't care who's name is on top of the waiver I sign. I ride 90-95% on a practice day or a track day, it's all the same. Either the event is scored or it's not. Other than a different ambulance company and different corner workers (I admit that our corner workers are usually more experienced) I don't see much of a difference.

If any of our experienced corner workers or race officials offered their services, I'm sure the WCSS guys and gals would love to have the extra help.

3. Reckless

Reckless New Member

Simon with things the way they are financially for everything I wouldn't rely on last years costs when comparing WCSS to WMRC for track time.
    I have heard that both the club and WCSS had difficulty paying the bills last year and with double header weekends if it rains and racers decide not to show then prices may change.

4. Lance

Lance WMRC # 39

2011 practice was $150

5. ctardi

ctardi New Member

Same as the racer price for WCSS...

6. stykman

stykman I can't recall

We shouldn't confuse the thread with facts, it just takes away from the drama. :)

7. moeracing

moeracing New Member

Troy any dates yet for the race school. thanks

8. stykman

stykman I can't recall

WCSS Road Racer Training for the Track - $465 + HST

Session #1:
    Bike Prep - Wed, April 4th
    Classroom - Wed, April 11th
    Tradex - Sun, April 15th
    Mission Raceway - Sat, May 5th

Session #2:
    Bike Prep - Wed, May 30th
    Classroom - Tues, June 5th
    Tradex - Sun, June 10th
    Mission Raceway - Fri, June 15th

9. stykman

stykman I can't recall

Simon, are you planning on riding more dangerously than usual and putting yourself or someone else in the hospital?
    I don't recall any incident where a racer has been hospitalized at any of our track days due to any of our procedures. Our crew is comprised of many of the same people as on racedays and they are all paid, so we get the same people for just about everyone one of our days and we are not just grabbing willing volunteers with no experience. We strive to maintain the same level of safety as the WMRC has for so many years. Please elaborate on your statement.

10. Ryan Whittle

Ryan Whittle Rider of Orange V-Twins

While I may get less track time at a WCSS event than a WMRC practice (although this is debatable) the trade off of getting non-racers and non-WMRC members to try our track on the weekend rather than a weekday and possibly be able to put some of the stereotypes about the track to rest is a welcome trade-off.

I see having WCSS doing a trackday on the weekend a way to help grow the club, this is something we all benefit from.

11. Dean

Dean Just a beer league racer

THANK YOU!!!! Someone who gets it!

12. Simon

Simon New Member

What the fuck are you talking about? Dean and others know exactly what I mean, if we had no options for practice on Sat then Sunday would be a zoo of cold brains and fast bikes. As for me riding dangerously, care to elaborate on that? That's a mighty bold statement coming from you.

As for cost, money is money, if Sat costs more to practice then more racers stay away, simple. I guarantee people are going to be hard for money with the season so condensed but if I am wrong then I am wrong, and if you have a wicked turn out with lots of racers then that's awesome, and good luck with everyone this year, :cool:

Last edited: Jan 24, 2012
  13. Reckless

Reckless New Member

Hey Simon calm down.
    My question about the schedule was simply "Will the first race date be a practice day?".
    At that time the WCSS didn't have their dates posted so I wanted to know if there would be a day for everyone to get up to speed, "Cold brains and fast bikes" as you put it. "Hot heads and cold tires" works too.
    Now that WCSS has their dates and May 5th will be a WCSS day with May 6th the first WMRC day I have no problem with using the WCSS day as a practice day and getting into the season for real on May 6th.
    If I had waited until WCSS posted their dates then I wouldn't have needed to ask the question.
    Sorry to hear that you won't be out this year, you seem to have lots of passion about the sport.

14. Dean

Dean Just a beer league racer

agreed. Simon, you will be missed. At least come to hang with us a few times.

15. stykman

stykman I can't recall

Sorry Simon, when you said that people would end up in the hospital I thought you were referring to the fact that the day was being run by WCSS. Hence the question as to how that would happen and if you knew something about the day that I didn't. My bad.
    Yes, I agree that it would be a crashfest on Sunday if there was no practice, fortunately there is though.
    PS. in 25 years of racing I have yet to make anyone else crash but myself. Kind of disappointing really. :)

16. adam0289

adam0289 New Member

your pretty safe out there Stykman, I just wish someone would teach you how to launch, maybe I'll make some time for you this year. LOL

17. Ryan Whittle

Ryan Whittle Rider of Orange V-Twins

All you former motocross guys are terrible at getting off the line.

18. m_raison

m_raison New Member

Is the dbcom system going to be working on the saturday track day? are we going to be able to check our times through that?

19. jcathie

jcathie Member

I have been told dBcom will be there.

20. Simon

Simon New Member

Apology accepted.

Errr, are you forgetting you and Ken taking me out in 2010 and giving a concussion? :eek: :( :p