2012 Daytona Party

Discussion in 'Open Forum' started by Bernie, Dec 15, 2011.

1. Bernie

Bernie Ranter Extrodinaire

SOOO, time to start planning for the 2012 Daytona Party! First questions is....Grand Prize?? I can probably talk to International Motorsports again, they were super awesome with the Husky 450. or Burnaby Kawi or ???, but...what do you boys and girls want for a grand prize, dirt bike or race bike, cruiser or street.???? POST UP! ;) thanks.

Someone suggested a mini racer. I don't think that cuts it as a Grand Prize, but a second GRand Prize after a Super Moto or dirt bike?

p.s. getting a bike at cost is great, but the distributor makes makes his cut, and for a charity event, someone making money off of it doesn't sit well with us. I will consider buying bikes, but it has to be more than a good deal.
    And must have legit title, etc, as it's a charity function.

Thanks
    Bernie

2. Ryan Whittle

Ryan Whittle Rider of Orange V-Twins

Bernie, I would suggest trying to get a hold of the distributor/manufacturer for a bike. They may have some NOS they are trying to get rid of.

I would bid on pretty much anything, but I would also cater more to the street guys as I think you get more street guys than racers.

My vote for a raffle would be a new Panigale...

3. Bernie

If it's a race bike, will it come with a new set of Michelins :D

I still need a dealer to support the idea, as they also have to donate their time, and not collect any profit. I will be sending out a letter to all (including Patrick of course!), and we'll see what I can dig up.

4. Bernie

On BCSB, the motard is in the lead so far.
    Seems racers and street guys want a motard or a dirt bike.

5. Dean

Dean Just a beer league racer

I've sold all my racebikes that were for sale, otherwise, I'd probably be ready to donate. Instead, I'll just show up and donate cash instead ;)

I like any bike idea. Let us know what our promotions department can do to help!

6. JIMMY

JIMMY New Member

Race bikes have a pretty narrow appeal. I would think you would sell more tickets with a street bike or dirt bike.
    Patrick may have has blown a hole in his promo budget this year, but you never know...
    Good luck this year, let me know if I can do anything.

7. Bernie

I think the dirt bike and motard have the broadest appeal.
    But the 2 race bikes Henk donated were well recieved, and the fact that I didn't have to pay for them meant more to donate in the end. Which is my goal.
    However, my side goal is still to promote the club, and a race bike with a school and gear isn't out of the picture yet!

8. Bernie32

Bernie32 Free Highside Demoes

DRZ-400 either dual sport or SM?

9. JAMR

JAMR W M R C 1983, 84, 85

CBR 250 + School

10. Bernie

Not a bad idea, but when it comes to race bikes, a good used 600 will cost me less, and have a broader appeal.
    Unless Honda was going to drop one in my lap, but I have no Honda connections.
    Maybe a couple of good Ninja 250s....with schools and gear.
    I did a Ninja 250 (new) 2 years ago. Successful, but not as appealing as the Husky 450 we did last year.

11. Wblairlayton

Wblairlayton Faster and Faster

:) Street and Dirt will get the money out of the wallets once the attendees are at the party, See if you can get one or two of those lined up,

Email me at b.layton@svracingparts.com Bernie, I will something to add to the raffles again for you this year and I will send you the correct logo to use early this year for you,

Always a great event, Always glad to be there and support you and all of our Favorite Charity,

Have a great Holiday Season Bernie, and all the best wishes for a terrific New Year to you,

Enjoy the ride, and best regards,
    Blair

12. Bernie

Thanks Blair.
    I have a few offers for bikes, but I'm not sure if I've found the right one yet.
    http://www.bcsportbikes.com/forum/showthread.php/137367-2012-Daytona-Party/page2
    Husaberg anyone??

I just sent this out;

It's that time of year. Well, actually I'm a few weeks late!

We (my friends, volunteers and I) are looking for a new motorcycle, or really good used racebike as a Grand Prize for the 2012 Daytona Party.
    Important facts;

a) the event is 100% volunteer, 100% non-profit, and all of the proceeds go to BC Children's Hospital, to support children battling cancer.
    b) anyone making money from this event doesn't sit well with those that support a)
    c) thus, any bike we get needs support from not just a shop, but from the manufacturer and/or distributor as well
    d) the prize must raise seriouos funds, so price point is critical
    e) the bike can be on display at the bike show, and I have volunteers to sell tickets for the Daytona Party at the bike show
    f) Grand Prize tickets are on sale only at the party, and winner must be present.

I have found that any prizes only work when a few or all from the motorcycle shop are behind the project.
    The bike doesn't have to be a current model, but the support must be fresh!

If you are legitimitely interested, fire back an email.
    I will draft up a specific proposal for anyone who is interested.
    With your help, I hope to have reach $100,000 total this year.

Thanks
    Bernie
    ryansrockets@hotmail.com
    www.baldingfordollars.com

13. Simon

Simon New Member

Dirt or street bike, dual purpose should do well.

As always Bernie, if you need something, I'll be happy to donate.

14. Bernie

Just get your tickets, bring your wife, get ready to party!
    Last year I was close to selling out, this year it will happen.
    The last 30 tickets will be by $100 donation to BCCH :devil: or more!