WMRC and Facebook!

Discussion in 'Open Forum' started by Bernie, Oct 3, 2016.

1. Bernie

Bernie Ranter Extrodinaire

I have seen a few dust ups on facebook, on the WMRC page. And arguments, heated discussions, etc
    My personal opinion is that the facebook page should be all thumbs up, announcements and pictures, etc.
    It is the public face of the club, and advertising tool, a promotional avenue to get the public's attention.
    Someone puts up something positive, the promotions team or president makes an announcement, and everyone 'likes' it, 'loves' it, 'shares' it, or shuts the fuck up and starts a bitch thread here, where it's buried from the public.

Why? Well, if it's uninteresting, negative, or has too many posts and notification, most people hit the 'no more notifications' button, and the Club loses a method of getting the word out. If it ends up that only a dozen members actually pay attention, it really is a waste.

Get your shit out here!
    Thoughts?

tt600 likes this.
  2. Bernie

For a charity event I do, I have 2 pages.
    The event page where people can post, and a permanent page.
    I link emails and requests to the permanent page that I control, so it's clean, no negative posts, happy pictures, etc.
    I do as few posts as possible on the page.
    Why?
    Because personally when anyone posts too much stuff, like it or not, I hit 'no more notifications'.
    Once someone does this I feel you have lost the advertising benefit of facebook. Once it's gone, it's gone!
    So, don't waste it in the first place.

3. jcathie

jcathie Member

Even though I don't Facebook or Twitter, I've always thought it would be cool to have someone/anyone at the track, race day or track day or whatever day and their sole task is to post, post, post. Tweets, photos, video clips, anything. Give them the run of the place. Trackside, Race Control, announcing, crash truck, front gate, Al's Office, Keith's van, pits, stands, Blue Room, Pink Room, I mean everywhere. Post/tweet/post. 'Til you're blue in the face.

ctardi and Bernie like this.
  4. seandcontracting

seandcontracting Smile!

Right on John

5. Bernie

Exactly, promo!

6. *Jay*

*Jay* Member

I hope to see a number of members volunteering to be a part of the 2017 promotions team at the AGM in November. Many great ideas have been suggested here and in other discussions on the FB group page.

7. jcathie

jcathie Member

How about somebody surprise the daylights out of me next year and do something like this with their local community newspaper:

upload_2016-10-24_20-15-38.jpeg
    It's 4 lousy paragraphs of text that you can modify slightly for each event and a photo. Send it to your local community newspaper a couple weeks before each event. It just ain't that hard to do.

Go ahead. Make my day. I dare you.