2016 rule book proposal -BOT/MW twins

Discussion in 'Rule Book Proposals' started by Jaybo, Jan 13, 2016.

1. bsa_414

bsa_414 WMRC Formula Classic Rep

You can. But that will make it even easier for Georgie G to be in front...

2. Ryan Whittle

Ryan Whittle Rider of Orange V-Twins

Ahhh - it all makes sense now. Only reason why I've ever been out front is horsepower. Gotcha.

3. *Jay*

*Jay* Member

This is going in a direction that isn't helping, just sayin'

4. HWY99

HWY99 Team Green

The bottom line is BOT/MW twins is one of the most popular, competitive and fun classes in the club. Every effort should be made to keep it that way. From what I understand there is no change apart from creating a new class. The club has created new classes in the past to try and appease the current membership and attract new members. Squabbling amongst ourselves is counter productive to making the club better. We shouldn't lose sight that we do this for fun!

5. Dean Thompson

Dean Thompson New Member

Nobody was "targeted" for anything, and nothing was changed. MWT is left alone for all the same people to race in it. I have no idea why you're badmouthing Alex, I believe I was the person who originally came up with the idea of having a more affordable middlweight twins style class without effecting the current class. Chances are there might not be enough entries to even run the new class, so all this petty bickering and anger is for nothing. Guys need to chill the f**k out.

6. HWY99

HWY99 Team Green

My question was more general re this rule as it applies to all classes. Last season a lot of us including me wouldn't have been scored had the 5 entry minimum rule been applied. I agree with the club trying to accommodate those who show up to race in crappy weather and keeping 600SS alive. Will this rule continue to be applied at the club's discretion or become a rule Nazi issue?

7. Dean Thompson

Dean Thompson New Member

Yeah I imagine it will need to continue as it has in the past. This year might not have the same problem as we aren't racing in the fall, so hopefully we see decent grid sizes for each race day. :thumbup:

8. bsa_414

bsa_414 WMRC Formula Classic Rep

Straight out of the 2015 Rule Book.

Section 4.11 An event must have at least 4 racers starting for that event's points to count toward
    OVERALL season points total.

Not changed in 2016. Are you proposing that this minimum should be lowered?

9. HWY99

HWY99 Team Green

Thanks for confirming that Alex... I couldn't remember the rule or find it in the rule book. I thought the minimum was 5 like Dean, but may have been changed to 4 at some point. Just asking if the club is going to strictly enforce this rule because it didn't happen last season which affected the championship results?

10. Dean

Dean Just a beer league racer

Seems to me this new class will split the entries between the new and the old, leaving both with fewer than 5 entries, or just the bare minimum to get past.

I'm putting my heavily modified cheater bike up for sale if anyone is interested. It does come with the original unmodified engine as well. It's been sitting idle for a season, but was stored okay in a garage. $4000 takes it all and all spares. Wheels, 3 sets of bodywork, two motors, etc.

11. HWY99

HWY99 Team Green

Dean, the new class is probably a non issue as the same riders will likely be racing the same classes as last season. Your business, but you shouldn't fire sale your bike over this.

12. Ryan Whittle

Ryan Whittle Rider of Orange V-Twins

StraightOuttaSomewhere.jpg

13. moeracing

moeracing New Member

As a new to the club racer on a basically stock sv650 what classes can I run. I don't really care about points. I want to race with other bikes not just do laps . Thanks

14. Dean Thompson

Dean Thompson New Member

Middleweight Twins, Middleweight Superbike, Middleweight Thunder (new for 2016), and Sportsman.

15. tt600

tt600 New Member

and formula 1:15