April General Meeting Minutes

Discussion in 'WMRC Meeting Minutes' started by ducatigirl, Apr 16, 2015.

1. cookie

cookie Two Smokin'

I'd like to thank Andre for calling attention to this matter and possibly saving a racer from an unfortunate surprise.

2. Ryan Whittle

Ryan Whittle Rider of Orange V-Twins

Although slightly out of context, I still love this meme. As a racer I certainly appreciate the efforts by members of the executive and members as a whole.

a1549b8621e83854cda79881ca75a953627840db5ab3cf8c2bd2caa29bac5e7c.jpg

3. andre331

andre331 New Member

me again, first question is to john cathie. you said that "many times when bc ambulance was asked to provide advanced life support paramedics to the wmrc they did not get them" when was that? because every event that I've been at mission for years with the wmrc and bc ambulance was there,I've gone to say hi to the crews and to to let them know that if they need assistance i was there. i have never seen less than advanced care paramedics on the car. my next comment is to answer the question about if the ambulance would leave in the event of a car accident etc. I personally spoke with the head dispatch officer and asked him that question, his response was " highly unlikely, it would have to be some major disaster, plane crash into an orphanage etc"

And the good samaritan act only covers citizens who are untrained public, that means if you are not a trained nurse, doctor, firefighter or paramedic and you stop at a car accident to help and you cause someone more injury you can't be sued ,trained people are obliged to stop but can only do what they are licenced for and are liable for any malpractice.

And at no time did i say that the life support company can't call for medevac , every 911 call is assessed by a call taker and if geographical location and injury warrant it and if the aircraft is available, it is sent.

I also take great exception to people calling these posts "my opinion" it is not just an opinion, i pointed this matter out because my goal is to make things as safe for the racers as possible. and the fact that the owner of life support was evasive and then withdrew the quote when pressed on the matter of will they transport or not should answer that question once and for all..... nuff said

4. tt600

tt600 New Member

:bow: you get a thata boy andre....

5. Brett

Brett Twin Brothers Racing WMRC Exec

TrackIntel Support

More on TrackIntel support, I spent my lunch break today on a call with support. The front end has been updated and looks quite improved, the interview appears to be working correctly, some other issues were resolved and I was given a once over on it's operations. I expect round 2 pre-registration to be done via TrackIntel.

You can sign into TrackIntel, have a look around and update your bio at http://trackintel.com/ti/wmrc.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2015
  6. Brett

Brett Twin Brothers Racing WMRC Exec

Re: Boneheads and Ambulances

Thanks Andre

7. jcathie

jcathie Member

Sorry Andre, I don't keep a tally. Besides, someone told me that was the case. I don't go up to them and demand to see their credentials.