2015 WCC, Castrol Raceway July 3-5

Discussion in 'Racing Elsewhere' started by Jaybo, Jan 21, 2015.

1. Jaybo

Jaybo if you want blood

There's been a few requests to try and gauge the level of interest regarding WMRC members travelling to Edmonton to race in the WCC this year at Castrol Raceway. It will be held July 3/4/5

If you are interested, I ask that you please post up saying that you are.

Thanks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_egq8oqPkQI

Last edited: Feb 4, 2015
  2. raveracer

raveracer New Member

Would definitely be interested if we can arrange some sort of carpooling system!

3. ryno11

ryno11 New Member

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uKQkMDineQs

The link you posted was only of the far section, this link is the entire track from early in the year, many changes have occurred since, walls have been moved ect. Hope this all gets sorted and there is interest from the wmrc to continue this series, as I know there are quite a few emra guys wanting to come race mission if the series goes ahead

4. Jaybo

Jaybo if you want blood

Any and all riders are welcome at Mission. It was never once considered that the series was not going ahead.

5. DEFBOY35

DEFBOY35 New Member

as i had mentioned in previous posts, this series is close to being dead and needs to see some serious commitment in order to see a revival as a possibility.

we need riders to make the trek out to castrol, so far i think there are 4 people who have said they would come out. that is not sufficient numbers to make this a legit thriving championship. which i really want to see happen, and as such i have been pushing hard to try and gauge interest. even last year with the lure of a brand new facility was not enough for any bc riders to make their way out. we need to see probably at least 5 racers per class from each club make their way to the others rounds. and as brought up to me by others, it should be some of the fast riders if we truly want to crown western canadas fastest.
    one other issue i have brought up for discussion, would be, how do we get more support for the intermediate grid? i suggested a cut off of some sort among your experts in order to let the slower experts compete as intermediates for the wcc rounds so they have legit shots at winning a championship. how the scoring would be done towards your regular season championships would obviously need to be something to be sorted out.

another proposal i had made was in regards to trophies and plaques, that for a racer to eran a trophy or plaque for the championships they must have started 3 of the 4 rounds for that respective class. this way eliminating any trophy's or plaques for those who did not actually travel to compete in the wcc and just rely on strong finishes in their home rounds.

it was previously voted on the EMRA side that with the lack of any participation in our rounds last season to put this on hold until there is a new southern alberta track again. I have convinced the other exec members to see if we could get a gauge of how much true interest there is on your riders coming this way in july. to bring up the issue again at our February 5th meeting. if the interest is not there, i am positive that efforts will be concentrated elsewhere for the season past this time.

lets make this happen, ball is in the court of the WMRC ridership at this point as i continue to drum up more support on our end.

thank you, sorry if i rambled on, lol

6. Schoey

Schoey New Member

When is the WCC round in Edmonton?

7. Schoey

Schoey New Member

Sept 5-7. I found it!

A little car pooling and I'll go!

8. Dean Thompson

Dean Thompson New Member

Not sure why they came up with those dates. The WMRC has all of June and July off from racing. The WCC would have been a great filler in one of those mid-summer EMRA race rounds.

9. DEFBOY35

DEFBOY35 New Member

that is from last year. the WCC round for this year (2015) will be the july 3/4/5th weekend. the weekend before CSBK.

10. Schoey

Schoey New Member

Ohh. Oops! I better make that change in my calendar.

11. ryno11

ryno11 New Member

chances are there will be a few of the bigger CSBK teams in attendance that weekend to get some seat time before the nationals. Should be two very stellar weekends of racing!!

12. DEFBOY35

DEFBOY35 New Member

I couldnt agree more! this has the potential to be the biggest week in road racing to hit western canada in years.