Notes from the executive meeting, November 14th

Discussion in 'General Racing Chat' started by Jaybo, Nov 18, 2014.

1. Jaybo

Jaybo if you want blood

Hi Everyone!

Your executive met on Friday night to get started on the new race season and want to share some of the topics that were discussed.
    As always, the first priorities at this time of year are to negotiate our race dates and to start planning for the bike show. In addition to that, we are working on the details regarding hosting our own track days and creating a race school so that we can be ready to promote both at the bike show.
    Other items that came up were possible “reward programs” for committed set up and tear down volunteers and corner marshals; new club meeting location possibility at Jimmy Mac’s Pub in Walnut Grove; ways to increase membership; a more organized mentoring program; having a pub night/fundraiser; promotional ideas; and the need to purchase a generator for the timing tower and a more effective printer for registration.
    We also discussed possible configuration changes to certain classes, and the potential operational challenges to adding a new class.
    We are asking you to contact the executive if you are interested in volunteering for either Pro or Novice Rider’s Rep, or for a spot on the rules committee. It was agreed that it is necessary that you be a member of the club to fill any of these roles.
    These are some of the things that we will be discussing at future club meetings and our hope is that you’ll come out to share your ideas.

2. Jaybo

Jaybo if you want blood

Some of the things that have been mentioned over the years is about asking for help. well, here we go. The club needs a network printer. Currently with the existing printer we have been unable to connect two computers to it which causes delays in morning registration. Anybody have a printer they can donate?

The timing and scoring building no longer has it's own power supply. In order to operate we need to supply our power via a generator. This needs to be a fairly powerful generator and for the last round we rented a unit. However in the long run it will be more benficial to have our own unit. Does anyone want to donate a generator?

3. Dean Thompson

Dean Thompson New Member

Who do you think you are keeping club members in the loop!?

:cheers: Thanks!

4. Jaybo

Jaybo if you want blood

It's a group effort.:drunks:
    It's not a lot to report, but still we had to call the meeting at 1am. damn kids get up early

5. Ryan Whittle

Ryan Whittle Rider of Orange V-Twins

How big of a generator do you need? I've thought about upgrading or just mooching off of Marbod. Mine is 3000 watts, 3500 max. One less thing for me to haul to the track.

I donated a printer to the club last year, does it not work for what you need? I'll see if we are retiring any printers at the office that I can get my hands on. Last year we were going to toss 6 printers in the recycling, so I'll see what's available.

Send me a PM if there are any other office items needed/wanted and I'll see what we've got or that is coming up for replacement. All the computers go back to Dell/Lenovo for leasing, but there may be some other things.

6. cookie

cookie Two Smokin'

:thumbup:

I'd like to volunteer for the rule book commitee

7. Jaybo

Jaybo if you want blood

Hi guys,

Tony your request has been noted. we'll let you know, when we know more.

Ryan, I'd guess that's your printer we're currently using. I'm sorry I can't recall exactly the reason why we couldn't connect two computers to it, Dean might recall. I do know that if you can get your hands on a network printer that can do photocopies it would be much appreciated! I'll see if there's anything else we might need. thanks!

8. Andrew Marles

Andrew Marles Member

To go along with the printer, we could use a wifi router. Thanks Ryan.

9. Dean Thompson

Dean Thompson New Member

Maybe the OTHER Dean can tell you . But as for me, Sir, I am unaware of any such activity or operation. Nor would I be disposed to discuss such an operation, If it did, in fact, exist, sir.

10. Jaybo

Jaybo if you want blood

At ease soldier

11. seandcontracting

seandcontracting Smile!

Wifi printers work well. My office uses one with multiple inputs available. Is there a dedicated wifi source for the track? If there is there will be no problem. I can purchase and send a printer or pay for one for pickup on the mainland. Sean.

12. seandcontracting

seandcontracting Smile!

Alternatively, tell me the specific model you require and I'll cover the costs.

13. Dean

Dean Just a beer league racer

Andrew, we have 2 wifi routers. How many more do we need and why?

14. Dean

Dean Just a beer league racer

The current printer is USB based, and we have Linux and Windows based laptops. Connected each of those over a shared network is cumbersome and not easy especially with the lean and mean version of linux we run on the old laptop. Ideally, we need a network based printer that all machines can just connect to via Wifi or wired.

This printer is on sale, http://www.ncix.com/detail/brother-dcp-l2540dw-multifunction-30ppm-auto-0b-102240-1269.htm

I think the club could afford this, and this is on sale until the 19th. It does all the club would need.

15. Jaybo

Jaybo if you want blood

Dean, thanks again for your help and for finding that printer. The executive have discussed it and i've been given permission to purchase it. However, at this time with the club not making any money during the off season we are really watching the expenses. At the risk of missing the sale, I wanted to put this forth to the membership to see what might come up..

Sean, your offer is very generous. Now, I am not not one to turn it down but I am concerned. As a new racer, with many start up expenses I worry that this my be construed as taking advantage of you. :bow: but if you insist..:cheers:

http://www.ncix.com/detail/brother-dcp-l2540dw-multifunction-30ppm-auto-0b-102240-1269.htm

Last edited: Nov 19, 2014
  16. Jaybo

Jaybo if you want blood

That's awesome Ryan. However at this time, i'm concerned that it may not be powerful enough. During the hot months there are multiple a/c units working in the building that are really sucking back the juice. I believe the first generator we used was around the same output and I think it may have barely been sufficent.
    however my thoughts are.. If you wanted to & were sure you wanted to donate the generator, perhaps we can work something out. Keep it in mind, maybe we can test it out. During the colder months (May & September) we may not need as much power ;)

Last edited: Nov 19, 2014
  17. Ryan Whittle

Ryan Whittle Rider of Orange V-Twins

No problem, let me know.

18. Dean Thompson

Dean Thompson New Member

Has anyone approached the track manager about the issue and asked if power would be re-established in the building by the 2015 race season? This must be an issue for the SCCBC too.

19. Jaybo

Jaybo if you want blood

I've been involved in some discussions regarding it and the response was "they don't care"

20. Andrew Marles

Andrew Marles Member

That's 2 more routers than I knew we had, so we are probably in good shape.