Noise testing 2013

Discussion in 'Racing at Mission' started by *Jay*, Feb 1, 2013.

1. Simon

Simon New Member

And the shit storm starts, didn't see this coming. :rolleyes:

2. *Jay*

*Jay* Member

So we had bikes with lighter aftermarket exhausts gaining the benefit of weight reduction, and slight power increase. We also had no black flags in the 250 race. Congrats to everyone involved in the class, and thank you for not running an obnoxiously loud bike.

3. cookie

cookie Two Smokin'

From where I was standing (Mostly in tech near Al with the meter) it seemed there were very few issues overall, not just the 250s. I'd say good job everyone.

4. Dean

Dean Just a beer league racer

Tony, I agree. It was a pleasant surprise. Most who were briefly over took precautions and either switched exhausts or added inserts which brought them down. All in all, a very good weekend and nowhere near the "shit storm" as some predicted. We also had a LOT of out-of-town riders and it was good.

5. Jayson

Jayson Highside Racing

I did notice that both Justin Knapik and myself were within the Db limit running Yoshimura exhausts with baffles installed.
    I was over the limit in morning practice, which was before I installed the quiet insert.

Keep in mind that's a 750 & a 1000. A 600 might be totally different.

Last edited: May 1, 2013
  6. Simon

Simon New Member

So you got lucky, consider yourself blessed. I am sure others over the years who fought to keep bikes at Mission, put up with stuff you can't comprehend, won't share your happy go lucky attitude.

Anyhow, this will be my last post, the way I was treated this year, hence why I am not doing tech, makes me want a to vomit. It was a fun 10 years, maybe see you in the future sometime.

One more thing, this closing of threads is getting out of hand, didn't know Hitler/Stalin was still around? :(

Last edited: May 13, 2013
  7. kingston

kingston New Member

Your last post? Noooo.... Even though you weren't always right, your always entertaining, insightfull, positive,complimenting, upbeat posts will be missed around here.

8. ryno11

ryno11 New Member

I ran justin knapiks old 08 kawi 1000 with a full akro system and it was passing sound limits.. that is until I crashed :p