EMRA is losing Stratotech

Discussion in 'Racing Elsewhere' started by Dean, Apr 18, 2013.

1. Dean

Dean Just a beer league racer

I hate posting bad news.

http://emra.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=2055

Let's welcome all our brothers and sisters from Alberta and make them feel at home. For all we know, we may be their next home for a little while until local tracks open up to them. If you haven't ridden Stratotech, make sure you do it this year for the WCC, or even better, support their season too.

2. Ryan Whittle

Ryan Whittle Rider of Orange V-Twins

wow - that sucks. Really fun track.

3. jcathie

jcathie Member

Yeah, that really sucks. Debra told me about this a month ago. Hopefully Castrol stays on schedule with their paving plans and has the road course completed for next season.

4. Dean

Dean Just a beer league racer

The problem I foresee with Castrol so far, is that the track will be very "Mission Like". In that it will be built for cars, so will have guard rails, etc. EMRA has not had to run setup of the track, nor have they had to do bale parties, store bales, buy airfence, etc. They will have to do all that to run Castrol safely. It can be done, but will be a massive culture change for the club, not to mention a massive expense as well as logistical challenge.

5. jcathie

jcathie Member

Hey, if we can pull it off from absolutely nothing, I expect they can do it too. It's still going to be a huge challenge for them.