Open apology

Discussion in 'Ask the Exec!' started by ted, Jan 20, 2013.

1. ted

ted asshat

Had a lengthy and incredibly informative bs session with Bernie Ryan at the show yesterday, and when we were done I took to heart a few of the comments Bernie made to me. Over the years I have spent with the club I have never been mistaken for the calm, reflective type instead I've always used the Irish full speed ahead come what may approach. So yes, I do err at times and the WTF is wrong with WMRC post should not have painted our exec's, any of them, in a bad light. A few points I used a harder approach than was needed, and in retrospect should have been broached a little more diplomatically.

We can all agree that we can't please everyone all the time, so we have to accept decisions regarding the club that we may disagree with.

That's why we have elected officials.

I just want to make sure that all current and former executives know that my apology to each and every one of you is as heartfelt as my sometimes lengthy posts concerning our club.

Go 2013, this will be a banner year.

:)

2. jcathie

jcathie Member

Bernie for Prez.

Ted for Vice Prez.

What a team.

3. Dean

Dean Just a beer league racer

Ted, you have and always will remain a good friend! We know your heart is in the right place.

4. Bernie

Bernie Ranter Extrodinaire

I work alone.
    Ted should be too busy announcing.
    If I don't work alone, the team has chicks!

5. jcathie

jcathie Member

Bernie's team.

[​IMG]

6. Bernie

No, this is more like Bernie's team, dumbass :p
    17855_460654580424_847415424_10744886_4599655_s.jpg

Last edited: Jan 22, 2013
  7. Bernie

Back on topic...

Ted, it isn't that there is no room for critiquing, but there are rules, bonus points, etc.
    AND, you always have the right to delete your post ;-)

A few points I discussed with Ted (which don't refer to him specifically)...

It's a lot easier to take hints, suggestions and criticism from people help out, even occasionally, than from someone who only bitches.
    After you give up 2 nights a month to be on the exec., + 1,000 emails and 200 calls, and have your race days messed with, you deserve at least a polite intro before you get grilled.
    Every exec has made mistakes, some bigger than others, but none have been perfect. Pay me $70,000, I'll be perfect!
    Things that worked one year don't work the next year, simple as that.
    And this one, read it slow...

The failure of any exec is the failure of the entire exec. never one person.
    AND, it is also the failure of the whole club to some degree, right down to the last member.
    I had a lot of success, but I had a good group and a supportive club at the time.

I fondly remember that there was never a shortage of great ideas, but always a shortage of people to carry them out.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2013