Elimination of Intermediate?

Discussion in 'Racing at Mission' started by Dean, Oct 23, 2011.

?

Do you support the elimination of the Intermediate class?

Poll closed Jan 21, 2012.
  1. Yes

21 vote(s)
    41.2%
  2. No

29 vote(s)
    56.9%
  3. what's an intermediate?

1 vote(s)
    2.0%
  1. KBELL408

KBELL408 New Member

This is not the right time for wholesale changes.What we have in place is fundamentally sound.It does require some "tweaks" and fine tuning .However more classes for riders/machines that are already offered 4 races a day is not the answer.Let's concentrate on getting 2nd +3rd entry fees from those that are only buying one or two classes.More importantly,how about we become (again)the Club that offers the most for the best deal.
    At least no one has trotted out the old 2-day race schedule crap.Oh ya lets spend two days at a racetrack and get one race a day.In the last two years I've traveled to Miller (twice)and Willow Springs but haven't bothered with Seattle or Portland since they dropped qualifiers and went to two day schedules.They are no longer good value or satisfying venues.Our events are good value and satisfying,we just need to educate others about the value of racing at Mission.

2. Jacalyn

Jacalyn Thread killer....

That's the class for me Lu, "Too F-in Slow".

:rolleyes:

3. Linda

Linda At last....recognized!!!!

.... :lolup: ....

4. Thad.K

Thad.K New Member

Will all this be brought up at the AGM? Is there going to be a motion to eleminate the intermiate class? I have another question does the club have a Proxy vote system? I can't be there and I would still like to have my vote at the AGM. Is there also an Agenda that gets sent out to all the members??

5. Ryan Welton

Ryan Welton No..the other Ryan

It would be great to have some club member input at the monthly meetings. Everyone is encouraged to attend. If you are a current, past or new member come to the meetings and hear what is being discussed. Four years ago if you were not early you could not get a seat. This past year it was the executive and 4 to 5 super involved members.

The meetings are meant to be informative and to povide an opportunity for CLUB members to socialize and discuss our CLUB.

We need to build our friendships to build our club.

6. bsa_414

bsa_414 WMRC Formula Classic Rep

The problem I see with proxy votes is that the people challenging currently held positions only get to do so at the meeting. So unless you were "conferenced" in you would not have firsthand knowledge of who is running and what their platform is. Hmmm! That sounds almost like politics...

However if you have advance knowledge of what is going to happen, and have your decision made, I would be willing to act as your proxy.

Maybe this is something the exec could look at for the future? If you intend to run for an exec position, make it known ahead of time in the forum plus a bit about yourself and what you hope to do/accomplish?

Kinda like a real election? I will stop while I'm ahead :cool:

7. Thad.K

Thad.K New Member

I was saying that using the Proxy is for voting on major club issues that will come up at AGM. I was not impling using it for voting in new directors. I think the directors in place right now are doing a great job and the fact they are looking at other options for the club is great with out any forsight things woud never change. I just want to have a vote even though I can't be there.

8. Dean

Dean Just a beer league racer

Actually Thad, the only thing we vote at the AGM is just the executive positions. We do not vote on anything else, and vote by proxy has never been considered due to cost and administrative overhead to run that.

We do appreciate that you want to vote, however, knowing that, I'm planning on using the forums for the membership to get their voice heard before any major decisions are made, hence the polls and stuff that I'm starting to use.

9. bsa_414

bsa_414 WMRC Formula Classic Rep

I think this is a very positive step in involving the membership in the decision making process. By reading the meeting minutes and participating on forum discussions, it's almost like being present at the meeting. I say almost, 'cause there's a couple things missing - the great food and our charming personalities.

Can't get everything on the Internet!

10. Jimi

Jimi JIMI

I'm with him. See you all next year. Me or the wife will be racing.

Makes no difference AM no AM. Just racing to have some fun and beer.... ( after racing)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2011
  11. moeracing

moeracing New Member

Outside looking in

Well I will start by saying I am not a member of your club but am considering racing next year part time. I have been racing Supermoto locally here for the past 4 years and know several WMRC members through that. This past spring I purchased a gsxr600 track bike and rode it at Nancy's Pitt Meadows days. It was great fun. I met a few more WMRC members at that event. I have been on the mission track for a WCSS track day, it was freakin great.

I have managed to convince two other friends of mine to purchase track bikes also. The issue we are all having is the initial cost for the course. It just seems a high price to pay financially in comparison to what we can get for our hard earned dollars down south on a large track. Nothing against WCSS but I have ridden the tradex lot for 4 years.

I totally understand the safety issue with new racers, even in supermoto it exists, new riders don't always hold their lines, know their brake markers and often panic etc. Personally I wouldn't want to be riding in an expert class with potential novice riders. Scary. But every rider and his/her own skills are different. I am sure there are novice riders that are more than capable of riding Intermediate from the get go. I have broken bones racing Supermoto and it sucks...thats why I want to try roadracing...something different..most if not all of us have to work on Monday so safety is a priority.

as for bringing more riders out and cost, perhaps allow accreditation from other race schools besides those in Alberta or even allow seasoned WMRC members/racers to nominate new racers to race Novice that they know to be compitent and safe. thanks for reading Ross

12. andre331

andre331 New Member

a quote from a couple of years ago from a newly graduated novice riding a fully modded 600 superbike against my rz350 " I was going to let you stay in front of me after you kept passing me in the corners, untill I saw you were on a vintage bike. I couldent let that happen" Novices need to be encouraged to leave their new 600 at home, buy an older bike that they can afford to crash and come out to have fun! I race my rz for two reasons #1 I love my old bike and the group I ride with. # 2 ,I cant afford to buy (or crash) a newer bike. do any of you race instructors out there ever suggest that to your students or the tor group?

13. Brent 96

Brent 96 going nowhere...quickly

I'm not racing these days, but when I return, I'd love to see qualifiers again. Practice is...boring. :devil:

Whatever happens, I'm just happy to know that the option to race locally still exists. :thumbup:

14. Simon

Simon New Member

Not to blow my own horn but I've finished up front consistantly for years and if not for some bad luck, was going for the championship in 08 on my 2000 GSXR with a basic stock engine, no tricks. I placed up front on my 93 CBR900RR for many years and never spent a dime, raced on used tires etc.

See above, you shouldn't need to spend alot, I keep saying this, lol.

Bull, I am not racing up front in Superbike anymore due to my choice not to push, getting a concussion in 09, I decided to back off, after getting hit from behind.

Agreed, practice sucks, except for the first day back after winter.

I don't know what the solution is but we have to make it fun and give people value for their dollar.